Thread: 2 Props?

2 Props?

Do you guys find that you need to run a prop that is not as stiff in the summer?

Two weeks ago for the first time since I owned my Honda BF250 I had a hard time getting on plane with my worked Tempest plus. The conditions were extreme for sure I run a Phoenix 721 and my first fishing spot of the day was close to the ramp so I still had 45 gal of fuel, live wells full, two guys chuck full of gear the boat was soaked because it was raining hard not to mention temps were in the 90's hot and humid.

No other problems because as soon as I burned about 15 gal of gas she got on plane like normal. I don't feel I could reduce pitch because even with extreme conditions I'm at or over 6200 rpm's. The only thing I might do is run a Fury 3 or a BRAVO in the summer?? What do you guys do??

2. Member
    I'm gonna have two prop for different time of the year. The summer heat in oklahoma has really effected my holeshot and rpm. 4 blade for sure in the summer time. Winter time i have a prop that i think should run good for winter fishing. You should try out a powertech ofx prop on your rig.
    97 Ranger r82 with 05 honda bf150, Helix 10 mega link with 1198c, Ultrex 80. Fish hard and keep hooking.

3. Member
    I run a Fury 24” and get up on plane with no issues. But I will tell you a little trick when you are full and weighted down. Trim all the way down and run your jackplate all the way up. This will tuck the motor right up under the boat and help get it up on plane. As you come up on plane lower your jackplate and trim up to your desired settings. Hope this helps

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpvol View Post
    I run a Fury 24” and get up on plane with no issues. But I will tell you a little trick when you are full and weighted down. Trim all the way down and run your jackplate all the way up. This will tuck the motor right up under the boat and help get it up on plane. As you come up on plane lower your jackplate and trim up to your desired settings. Hope this helps
    Yes I do this every time with full load. Will the 24 Fury carry a full tournament load at 68mph or is it more like 65mph with a 24??

5. Member
    More salad, less pasta...