How to fix, all white screen?

I have a Lowrance HDS 8 Gen 2. when i turn the unit on all i see is a solid white screen. this happened before and fixed itself. Not so lucky this time.

Hopefully, the unit isn't toast. First thing I'd do is keep trying to get it running.

If you are able to get your screen back, Make sure you save (Onto an SD card) all your settings and way points. They may be lost for ever after a reset.

Next thing, Check all of your connections, especially the power connections. Like any other electronic device, they'll get all funky if they're not getting adequate power. Check thoroughly, connectors and all, from the battery to the unit. At the battery, take the connectors off, lightly sand any corrosion off so you have nice clean metal. Also check by gently tugging, where the wire goes into the connector.

Better yet, install new connectors, cutting the wire back an inch or two to get to new clean cooper wire. Strip off a 1/4" or so of the wire insulation and crimp the new connector on. (Soldering is always the better option over crimping, but the latter method will do.)

One more thing. Trouble shooting try starting the unit with nothing but the power cord connected. If it starts, shut it down and plug in one other connector, like the transducer. Keep doing this until you know for sure none of the items you plug into the unit are causing the problem. Hey, you never know until you check!

Finally, after all that and if there's no change, I'd try to do the reset. Here is how you do it, both the soft and Hard methods.

Last edited by OBT; 07-19-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.