Thread: Ogdensburg trip

Ogdensburg trip

Planning a 3-day trip to Og in a couple weeks. Never been there.

Any info for fishing the area would be appreciated. Especially Pike and Musky. Are there big cats or sturgeon in the St Lawrence?

Going to try to rent a boat, and try kayaking.

2. Member
    Sturgeon yes .. but illegal to possess...or fish for

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

3. Member
    You'll catch a lot of pike if you're targeting them...and even if you aren't :)!

4. Member

5. Member
    Spent 2 days there and got skunked.

Isais brushed the area, so the 1st day we had non-stop rain and 60-65 degree temps. Fished all day. Combination of trolling, casting and jigging with crawlers and lures.

2nd day the rain stopped but then the high winds started. Rough water! Same tactics as the previous day.

Our area was from the Stonefence Resort up to the bridge.....including the humps near it.

6. Member
    Pike fishing isn’t what it used to be that’s for sure. Idk what changed but that river system used to be known for pike and now it’s a treat to get one over 20” when bass fishing.. Even for the bass fishing the pros make it look as easy as fishing in an aquarium. Without spending days up there graphing, it can humble you quick. My club had a tournament there the same time the elites were there. I had 6lbs with 3 fish and one smallie that was 4. Most guys didn’t even get a limit
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

7. Member
    I graphed with a Mega 9+ and Raymarine Axiom and seen maybe half a dozen fish on them in those two days

8. Member
    Sorry about the trip. Wind can be a killer. Best thing to do is stay mobile. Trailer to another ramp if possible. Live bait. I am going to kring point for labor day. Good chance I'm gonna get some minners! Jerkbaits and rattle traps still get a lot of pike (red lures). I think a lot of pike are out cruising, I catch a lot throwing rattle traps over deep water.