Thread: 2.280 Update

2.280 Update

I sure wished that I’d waited on installing the update. I was bored and decided to knock it out. I updated my (2) Helix 10 HW’s and (2) Helix 12 G3N + units. I only installed the base maps on the 10” units. I noticed on my 10” units that I have no ability to use my 2D to see my baits anymore to put it in front of their face. So far, that’s the only thing I have noticed that has changed. It sucks though when you loose a function that you like to use and especially when they say you can’t go back to the previous version. I haven’t installed the base map on the 12” units and probably won’t till things are worked out with the update. My images were really terrible from the 2.180 already and I haven’t had a chance to try the 12” units yet with the 2.280 update. Really going to suck if I lost the jigging mode feature on the 12” units....
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

2. Member
    That is interesting, I did the full update 2.280 and 1.031 mapping on my G2N Helix 9" units and I still have the jigging mode on mine.

A third generation Helix unit never had Jigging Mode.
    Jigging Mode was added to Dual Beam Side Imaging units to fix the 83 kHz glitch after the 360 software was released. Double Pixeling was another name for the 83 kHz glitch.

Third generation SI units don't have two different 2D sonar frequencies that would need Jigging Mode to change the ping sequence when using 83 kHz.
    All third generation units have one 2D frequency band= HW CHIRP.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammiew View Post
    I sure wished that I’d waited on installing the update. I was bored and decided to knock it out. I updated my (2) Helix 10 HW’s and (2) Helix 12 G3N + units. I only installed the base maps on the 10” units. I noticed on my 10” units that I have no ability to use my 2D to see my baits anymore to put it in front of their face. So far, that’s the only thing I have noticed that has changed. It sucks though when you loose a function that you like to use and especially when they say you can’t go back to the previous version. I haven’t installed the base map on the 12” units and probably won’t till things are worked out with the update. My images were really terrible from the 2.180 already and I haven’t had a chance to try the 12” units yet with the 2.280 update. Really going to suck if I lost the jigging mode feature on the 12” units....
    I agree, the 2.180 messed up my units as well. My Helix G2 side imaging unit locks up under 8 feet and occasionally running down the lake. I would like to back up to the 1.9? if it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    I agree, the 2.180 messed up my units as well. My Helix G2 side imaging unit locks up under 8 feet and occasionally running down the lake. I would like to back up to the 1.9? if it is possible.
    IF you have not installed 2.280, you can downdate the unit to 1.900.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    IF you have not installed 2.280, you can downdate the unit to 1.900.
    How does one find the 1.90 version of software and get it? I agree that the the 2.18 really did a number on my SI quality as well. I to wish I had never installed it on my G2 unit’s.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Trooper View Post
    How does one find the 1.90 version of software and get it? I agree that the the 2.18 really did a number on my SI quality as well. I to wish I had never installed it on my G2 unit’s.
    You can't "find it". You can ask if someone has that version for your specific model, or call Humminbird and have them send it to you.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    I will call Humminbird tomorrow.

9. Member
    I will call Humminbird tomorrow.
    I called twice Friday, got a 25 second message then a hang up both times. Sent an email and they said the 2.280 had been fixed but if I wanted the 1.9 it was attached to my email. I couldn't find the attachment but it sounds like if you haven't uploaded the 2.280 they will send you any previous version you want.

10. Member
    I called twice Friday, got a 25 second message then a hang up both times. Sent an email and they said the 2.280 had been fixed but if I wanted the 1.9 it was attached to my email. I couldn't find the attachment but it sounds like if you haven't uploaded the 2.280 they will send you any previous version you want.

I wonder what the new/fixed update number is, 2.281 ???
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

12. Member
    When I sent my Helix 10 Gen 3 in for repair last week they installed the 2.280 update . Now my Mega 360 only runs at one speed. It does not respond to adjustments. It runs the same at one as it does seven ? Is that a glitch in this software?

13. Member
    Has anyone got anywhere with humminbird on this. 2.280 ruined my life I have a standard ultrex mounted 360 which my units think is the old retractable version now. My chart speed is jacked and it just seems sluggish to respond to key presses.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    I wonder what the new/fixed update number is, 2.281 ???
    Anybody ever figure this out, I had all kinds of issues with my 12 G3N this weekend.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34