Stained tidal waters

I fish the tidal waters in the mid Atlantic area like the Potomac and was wondering what others that fish stained tidal water used when the fishing gets slow. I have had luck with swimbaits, top waters and crank baits but was wondering what are your favorite colors for plastics and what size and brand spinnerbaits do you have luck with?

2. Member
    3/8 oz Black or chart buzzbaits. 3/8 oz. Chart/white, black/blue vibrating jigs. Black, Okeechobee craw, Junebug or black and blue baby brush hogs and speed craws with a 3/16 oz weight for the hogs and 1/4 for the craw. 5/16 or 3/8 oz flippin jigs in black, black/blue or Okeechobee craw. 1/4 or 3/8 oz chart white spinnerbaits with a silver Colorado and gold willow or dual gold Colorado's. That being said, it's hard to beat a blue fleck or moccasin blue four inch worm on a 3/16 or 1/4 oz TX rig here on the James/chickahominy river. Don't forget your chart black square bills, bandit 200s and dt 6s either.

3. Member
    Can't help much on brands of jigs and spinnerbaits because I make my own.
    Last edited by AKFerzy7; 07-22-2020 at 10:00 PM.

4. Member
    One of the old favorites is the 4” June bug ring worm with a powder blue colored tail. I’ve caught lots of fish on that and either a low tide or peanut butter and jelly GRT jig. They closely mimic the crawfish.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKFerzy7 View Post
    3/8 oz Black or chart buzzbaits. 3/8 oz. Chart/white, black/blue vibrating jigs. Black, Okeechobee craw, Junebug or black and blue baby brush hogs and speed craws with a 3/16 oz weight for the hogs and 1/4 for the craw. 5/16 or 3/8 oz flippin jigs in black, black/blue or Okeechobee craw. 1/4 or 3/8 oz chart white spinnerbaits with a silver Colorado and gold willow or dual gold Colorado's. That being said, it's hard to beat a blue fleck or moccasin blue four inch worm on a 3/16 or 1/4 oz TX rig here on the James/chickahominy river. Don't forget your chart black square bills, bandit 200s and dt 6s either.
    AKFerzy7 has summed it up nicely. The only thing I would add is sometimes a splash of orange in your spinnerbait or chatterbait can help.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty34 View Post
    One of the old favorites is the 4” June bug ring worm with a powder blue colored tail. I’ve caught lots of fish on that and either a low tide or peanut butter and jelly GRT jig. They closely mimic the crawfish.
    Who makes those ringworms?