Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    You use to drag race boats and you still call it chime walk instead of chine?
    Its what ever my fat finger hits this day and time, old men sometimes cant see to good either

We had drag races at Pisqil Bay ever year on Ky Lake, had a lot of good times meet a lot of new friends, just lucky to come out alive

2. Member
    Had a Triton TR21 that would throw you like a bull if you let it. Great boat but you had to learn how to drive it above 65. Rode in a Phoenix 920 and the new Skeeter last week. Both had a lot of walk. Takes seat time to learn how to stop it before it stops. One thing that does seem to calm it down is move all your heavy gear to the back of the boat. Definitely calmed mine down in the Triton. My CX20 is definitely the easiest boat to drive above 70 I’ve ever owned.

3. Member
    Buck and GOfish, No problem at all. I can certainly agree that proper setup can help minimize chine walk but at some point folks need to learn how to properly handle their High Performance bass boat in order to be safe out on the water. I am a fan of many different brands although I am a loyal Bass Cat owner, I am aware that they all handle differently and some need to be driven more than others. If you own a boat that has the performance characteristics that cause it to "walk" if not controlled then you really need to know how to control it before trying to maximize the setup in my opinion. I really like the new Caymas boats and I wish you all the best of luck in your ownership. They are very nice and well thought out. I'm still waiting to hear some real performance numbers on the CX20's when properly setup and loaded. Y'all keep me posted and be safe out there.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

4. Banned
    This boat doesnt chine walk it more so rolls but feels like a walk. For example a Triton 20 ran a 14in pad which you had to fight and teeter todder but the CX20 has a 17in pad which causes it to roll rather than a true walk. You cannot fight the cx20, try to drive with one hand to really get a good understanding of how this boat will react, get all your weight to the back and work trim slowly DO NOT white knuckle grip the wheel let your hand/s be relaxed, let the boat get up and once it start to roll one way lock it in there and bump the trim down a hair feel that spot keep er right there balanced and slowly bump up the trim. That boat needs to sit on one side of the pad when running wide open you will notice a ever so slight lean most likely to the right where your torque carries first. I had this issues fighting the boat and couldnt get much more than 77mph but when I learned to let the boat speak to me and let me know where it wants to lean I got it locked in and saw it climb to 81mph. Very capable boats but the biggest thing is to not drive this boat like a triton or stratos type hull, be relaxed, be in tune, study your boat and you will never think about it again.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thefourthwolp View Post
    This boat doesnt chine walk it more so rolls but feels like a walk. For example a Triton 20 ran a 14in pad which you had to fight and teeter todder but the CX20 has a 17in pad which causes it to roll rather than a true walk. You cannot fight the cx20, try to drive with one hand to really get a good understanding of how this boat will react, get all your weight to the back and work trim slowly DO NOT white knuckle grip the wheel let your hand/s be relaxed, let the boat get up and once it start to roll one way lock it in there and bump the trim down a hair feel that spot keep er right there balanced and slowly bump up the trim. That boat needs to sit on one side of the pad when running wide open you will notice a ever so slight lean most likely to the right where your torque carries first. I had this issues fighting the boat and couldnt get much more than 77mph but when I learned to let the boat speak to me and let me know where it wants to lean I got it locked in and saw it climb to 81mph. Very capable boats but the biggest thing is to not drive this boat like a triton or stratos type hull, be relaxed, be in tune, study your boat and you will never think about it again.
    Caymas should put out some demo videos of Earl himself driving these boats and showing us the little tricks and subtleties to driving at optimum levels. Would go a long way toward building brand loyalty if everyone who buys one feels like they can handle it on the water.

6. Member
    My boat was walking, my issue was low
    fluid in the Seastar. Now none to near 70. That’s giving her all she’s got.

7. Member
    Excellent post and pretty much says it all!!

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CX21 View Post
    Caymas should put out some demo videos of Earl himself driving these boats and showing us the little tricks and subtleties to driving at optimum levels. Would go a long way toward building brand loyalty if everyone who buys one feels like they can handle it on the water.
    Lets meet up on the Columbia some time and Im happy to show you myself. :)

9. Member
    Lets meet up on the Columbia some time and Im happy to show you myself. :)
    Bought my boat from you guys at Nixon’s, but don’t get down that way often. Been running the 23.5 p Bravo1 you recommend... great prop for the CX21. Learning to drive it, just passed break in period today. Very happy with the boat. It is kinda fun getting the feel for how to drive it being a novice. Just need more seat time. ��

10. Member

Chine walk problem solved!

I found the source of my chine walk. I tightened the steering nut and had to add ~6 oz of steering fluid, ran it last night to 74mph, chine walk was minimal/non-existant! I hope this helps someone else out. Trouble shooting this was a nightmare.

Last edited by jackdz1; 05-20-2021 at 07:57 AM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdz1 View Post
    I found the source of my chine walk. I tightened the steering nut and had to add ~6 oz of steering fluid, ran it last night to 74mph, chine walk was minimal/non-existant! I hope this helps someone else out. Trouble shooting this was a nightmare.

Well good, i though that jam nut looked awful loss, seen this many times in our shop when i was selling boats, caught it on mine once!!

12. Member
    Rodney I remember the day you ran your New Hydra Sport
    at my Speed gun. No bullet on the nose cone, and it blew out at
    78 3 times before you gave up. Scared me just watching. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Scott View Post