Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No problem, I'll be here tomorrow too.
    RUSTY63 in a Shiny Green Jacket.......

2. Member
    need a fury or bravo 1 prop to try
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    So Elgin I picked up the 26 raker was wondering if you knew off hand the hub kit number I’ll need for it 2012 e -tec 250 ho thanks again pat

Hub kit part number 177283, there are none in Vancouver but there are 8 in Atlanta and one in Beloit

5. Member
    Well I started out at 3” prop to pad now try not to laugh but when you’ve ran a 200 venom for 24 yrs on your 96 strat xl and you repower with the 2012 250ho etec wow it’s nite and day 26 raker by the way 6” set back I really should have waited and got to a lake to test it instead of the lower Niagara river but I was anxious needless to say when it started to walk around 65 mph it scared the crap out of me I really think the heavy current amplified this at 70 the rooster tail was above the motor so I should start dropping it a bit correct ? It was just too hairy to even open it right up or trim it right up lol . What was really weird to me from what I was used to is when I trimmed up with the old motor with a four blade the water pressure would drop higher I trimmed with this beast it was around 20psi at 50 mph and when I trimmed her up to scary I could see the front of the boat rising and my water pressure climbing to almost 30 psi the old set up could never seem to get the heavy beast nose up and the best she did was 63

6. Member
    I can see I have a lot to learn about set up

My first thought is with the chine walk the engine is too low, then with the rooster tail above the engine cover the trim was too high.

My suggestion to you is go to the lake where there are little to no currents. Start off slow just plane the boat off and trim until the boat is level, run that way until your comfortable.

Increase RPM and trim a little at a time until you are comfortable running WOT, chances are you will not need all the trim even at wide open.

8. Member
    Thanks Elgin going fishing for three days so I’ll play with it at the lake and I’ll try what you suggested and will report back thanks again

9. Member
    Well Elgin I followed your instructions and was more than pleased with the results full two guys tournament loaded full fuel and water in the live wells I left the ptp at 3” she jumps up on plane like a jackrabbit and with all the extra weight I didn’t experience the chime walk till 70 and with rooster tail kept lower by not trimming up as much at 5900 rpm I hit 73 now I am more than happy with the hole set up now unless you think I should still raise it a hair more one thing I forgot to mention was the the 26 raker you suggested has adjustable vent holes and I have them wide open by closing and sending less exhaust over the prop what does that achieve just curious and once again thanks a lot for the direction

Run it there for a while and get used to it at that setting, then you might try raising it a little, raising it will help with the chine walk.
    I would leave the vents full open, helps with the hole shot.

11. Member

12. Member
    Elgin finally figured out how to take a pic of the lower unit , you said you might be able to tell me which gearcase I have thanks pat

That is a Magnum 2, great gear case as far as durability.

14. Member
    Thanks again for all the info much appreciated one more question if you don’t mind when I turn the key to start it it takes usually three times turning the key before it catches I was thinking battery but the electronics don’t turn off or anything as I’m try to start it battery is 27 group deep cycle / cranking I’m mean it always goes but never first or second time even if it had just been running ten minutes earlier other than that she’s a beast and I’m loving it !! Was just wondering if they really draw and need a lot more battery of if the starter might be giving me a heads up thanks

The battery requirements for that engine 750CCA (940 MCA) below 32F or 0C.

What I usually find is the starter Bendix requires a bit of lube, it will spin up but kicks out before it engages the flywheel, a touch of WD-40 on the Bendix shaft couldn't hurt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12