Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Has anyone tried a Sea Clear Power harness?

Mine is being installed today. I wasn’t having any issues with my setup but it does seem like a heavy duty dedicated harness could be beneficial. I will report back once I get it on the water. I’m sure some of the supposed benefits are overstated. We shall see.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

2. Member
    Haven’t got to test it on the water yet, however, I think it’s going to be the real deal. Before my units would should 11-ish volts for supply voltage. That was through the stock Ranger wiring. Now they are showing 14.3-14.5v. This is with Relion 100HP fully charged. I believe the full voltage will make a difference and I am willing to bet that since it’s now it’s own dedicated wiring, the cleaner power will make a difference too. Can’t wait to try it on the lake. I’ll report back.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

3. Member
    I just saw your post.... that Sea Clear power harness is a great idea....
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force - 36v
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic & Epoch lithium batteries

4. Member
    Wow! Just went on there website! Ordered one for me today! Looks like the REAL DEAL! Thanks for sharing!

5. Member
    Just received my Sea Clear wiring harness. Looks like a Very well built harness! Can't wait to get it installed to check it out!

6. Member
    Any update on results for the install?
    2013 Ranger Z521 | 250 Merc Pro XS

7. Member
    I got one and works great. It is well worth the $199 I paid for it. I could have built it cheaper myself but this has everything, well built and ready to go, I didn't have to search the internet and buy things, I just bought this and installed it. The problem with my front depth finder cutting off is gone (it has done that since new back in 2000) and the images at my console seem clearer but that could be just me trying to internally justify a $200 wire.

https://www.precisionsonar.com/produ...wiring-harness

I was having all sorts of power issues. Graphs drooping off line, LiveScope shutting down etc., I’m running 3x 12” Garmins, Licescope, Poles, Stereo, Go-Pros, charging phone...
    Installed the sea clear, yes I could have saved some bucks but in my mind the harness was already clean with shrink wrap etc. The difference I’ve experienced is nothing short of amazing. My graphs all showing 13+ volts 6 hours into the day, crisper imaging on sidescan.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J D View Post
    I was having all sorts of power issues. Graphs drooping off line, LiveScope shutting down etc., I’m running 3x 12” Garmins, Licescope, Poles, Stereo, Go-Pros, charging phone...
    Installed the sea clear, yes I could have saved some bucks but in my mind the harness was already clean with shrink wrap etc. The difference I’ve experienced is nothing short of amazing. My graphs all showing 13+ volts 6 hours into the day, crisper imaging on sidescan.
    LOL... sure they are...

Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    LOL... sure they are...
    You’re welcome come fish with me anytime. 125ah Ionic
    thats a serious invitation
    Last edited by J D; 01-07-2021 at 07:42 PM.
    USAF Retired

11. Member

12. Banned
    125ah Ionic
    Did you have the 125 before installing the new harness?

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I did. I had issues getting power to the bow resulting in shutdowns of my graphs, especially when cranking my big motor.
    USAF Retired

14. Member
    I have the same issue. Helix 10 shuts off when I crank the big motor. Can't remember why that happens though. I just turn down the brightness each time I crank big motor and then turn back up. That stops it.

15. Member
    He had crap wiring before. Non-marine wiring from HD or Lowes or wherever would have provided the same results(wouldn't last as long as marine grade items). There is no "magic" here. Fine stranded/tinned wiring - sufficiently sized, properly routed, properly secured and constructed with quality water/weather proof splices and connections. If installed as sold the Sea Clear solution will have coiled up cable - somewhere. Instead of properly fitted for the run cabling. I'm not jumping on Sea Clear specifically, per se, just one size fits all isn't the solution if quality is your end game. If quality isn't your goal why spend $200.00+ for a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    He had crap wiring before. Non-marine wiring from HD or Lowes or wherever would have provided the same results(wouldn't last as long as marine grade items). There is no "magic" here. Fine stranded/tinned wiring - sufficiently sized, properly routed, properly secured and constructed with quality water/weather proof splices and connections. If installed as sold the Sea Clear solution will have coiled up cable - somewhere. Instead of properly fitted for the run cabling. I'm not jumping on Sea Clear specifically, per se, just one size fits all isn't the solution if quality is your end game. If quality isn't your goal why spend $200.00+ for a solution?
    No argument here. Agree with everything you said. Yes I had questionable wiring my 2020 boat. The Sea Clear Harness for me was the quickest, most convenient solution. No it’s not a magic pill, and yes I could have done something myself cheaper. $200 was a price I was willing to pay for a quick/quality solution to all of my issues. Personal choice. I am a satisfied customer.
    Last edited by J D; 01-08-2021 at 08:52 AM.
    USAF Retired

17. Member
    No argument here. Agree with everything you said. Yes I had questionable wiring my 2020 boat. The Sea Clear Harness for me was the quickest, most convenient solution. No it’s not a magic pill, and yes I could have done something myself cheaper. $200 was a price I was willing to pay for a quick/quality solution to all of my issues. Personal choice. I am a satisfied customer.

18. Banned

damn that’s sad on a new boat. I could see it on an older boat built, before all these power hungry graphs were made. Never would have thought you’d have to redo a new one though.

damn that’s sad on a new boat. I could see it on an older boat built, before all these power hungry graphs were made. Never would have thought you’d have to redo a new one though.
    For some reason boats were never wired to handle the amount of electronics we are currently putting on these rigs. Its easy enough to run dedicated 8 gauge wiring to the dash and bow. Add a fuse block at each end and you now have power to plug them all in. Even the Sea Clear does not provide these extra connections for 3 graphs, livescope, active image, NMEA and everything else on the planet. Run it yourself and run it right. Now the only issue is the batteries...lol

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    For some reason boats were never wired to handle the amount of electronics we are currently putting on these rigs. Its easy enough to run dedicated 8 gauge wiring to the dash and bow. Add a fuse block at each end and you now have power to plug them all in. Even the Sea Clear does not provide these extra connections for 3 graphs, livescope, active image, NMEA and everything else on the planet. Run it yourself and run it right. Now the only issue is the batteries...lol

Oh yeah for sure! I’m thinking there’s gonna be lots of lithiums added on the next year, if AT pulls as much power as LS does. I know I’m underpowered now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast