Thread: 2010 170 TX

2010 170 TX

Posting for a friend. His aerator is not working. Changed deep cycle battery and starting battery is good. Bilge pump is working fine. I'm thinking his rocker switch is bad. Has this happened to anyone else? How hard is it to get the pump to change it?
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

2. Member
    Test the switch to tell if you have power in and out. If so it is the pump most likely. Never changed one on that model but I bet it is fun.

3. Member
    If you have power in and out of switch then you can replace the pump cartridge if it is bad. While the boat is on the trailer look for the motor in the bilge. If it has mickey mouse looking ears on top the it is the replaceable cartridge type. I believe you turn it counter clockwise while pulling lightly on a catch lever on the side of the pump. It is only a 1/8 turn or so. The pump may have some trash in it and will work fine after flush it and the housing out with fresh water. Replace it with a 500 gph model like the original or you may overflow the livewell type you have.

Look for instructions online for Johnson or Mayfair cartridge pump replacement for visual directions

Jeff

Thank you, will pass along the info!
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited