Go pro and mount

I picked up a go pro and suction cup mount hoping to figure out how to use it for when I do some prop testing , is that suction cup going to hold it to the boat running ? I would hate to loose it first out I was thinking mounting it on the gunwale or should it be mounted inside ? I feel like it would fly out if it comes unattached where ever it is. Any ideas ?
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

I have a couple original gopro suction cups and they suck. Good thing I made a tether line or I’d lost two hero silvers. I went to harbor freight and got these. Here’s a video to make your own that works like a champ. Got my idea from this one. But I’d still use a tether.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    I have a couple original gopro suction cups and they suck. Good thing I made a tether line or I’d lost two hero silvers. I went to harbor freight and got these. Here’s a video to make your own that works like a champ. Got my idea from this one. But I’d still use a tether.

thanks man , I didn't even bother with it this weekend Champlain was a zoo the ramp was backed up no way to swap props never mind decent water to air it out , I will look up that part thanks
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

5. Member
    I run the gopro suction cup at 100mph with zero issues. Been running one for 10 years now, never once did it fall.

6. Member

7. Member

I’ve got two new GoPro suction cups my daughter got me this past Christmas and they sucked. Those things are costly too.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    I’ve got two new GoPro suction cups my daughter got me this past Christmas and they sucked. Those things are costly too.
    Why did they suck?

Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    Why did they suck?
    Let me put it this way, Marty. If it wasn’t for a tether line, mine would have been on the bottom of the Ohio River. I have two brand new ones and when locked down they seem like they have an iron grip then in minutes, they just pop off. Doesn’t matter how I place them they always pop off. It drives me nuts. Flat surfaces and really clean, doesn’t matter. That’s why I made these. Cheap and I can lift my cowl off with these. Lock these home made ones down and they won’t move. Just don’t have the trust in the gopro ones.