Thread: I Did It!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Dennis, First off I am really glad you are getting your health back. You have had some real situations to deal with and it sounds like good medicine among others were on your side. I don't really know anything about Blazer or Suzuki. I've heard the Suzuki is a real dependable motor. That particular one you have is an eye catcher for sure.

I'm hanging on to my 210. I just don't create the cash flow to trade boats so I end up keeping one forever. I'm on my 3rd Champ since 1987 and someday may step down to a tin but we'll see. I repowered a while back with the 4 stroke Merc 250 Pro XS and she still won't see 75-77 unless it's behind my truck. Ha ha. I hope your stamina returns and I know you will find the boat that matches for you.
    GETFISHED !!!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    Dennis, First off I am really glad you are getting your health back. You have had some real situations to deal with and it sounds like good medicine among others were on your side. I don't really know anything about Blazer or Suzuki. I've heard the Suzuki is a real dependable motor. That particular one you have is an eye catcher for sure.

I'm hanging on to my 210. I just don't create the cash flow to trade boats so I end up keeping one forever. I'm on my 3rd Champ since 1987 and someday may step down to a tin but we'll see. I repowered a while back with the 4 stroke Merc 250 Pro XS and she still won't see 75-77 unless it's behind my truck. Ha ha. I hope your stamina returns and I know you will find the boat that matches for you.
    Thanks. My stamina is slowly coming back. I actually played golf Saturday afternoon after fishing in the morning. I think that 300 I had on that 210 was just a runner and is making the 250's look bad. One thing is for sure, I will keep looking and trading and buying and selling until I find 'that' boat.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Well finally got out in my 625 some in the last week. May not be a popular review around here so I am sorry, but I am not impressed. Trying my best to be patient and learn to like it, but I'll probably have it posted for sell very very soon. It's not that it isn't good, it just isn't great in any category IMO compared to my last 3-5 boats and it really struggles in 2 of my important categories. It is extremely wet when idling and graphing. I have found several boats struggle in this category, but it seems the 625 is extreme IMO. The ride is pretty good in rough water, but IMO the ride is not as good as it should/could be in the small slop (6-18"). On the positive, I will say I think it fishes very good and the lay out is very efficient and well thought out. I was told the Suzuki would run 78-80, but I don't believe the previous owner was being honest. 75-77 is more realistic. I might try some props if I keep it. He has a 28 Suzuki 4 blade. I'll try a Bravo XS next that ran real good on my Bullet and would like to try a big 3 blade maybe.
    Those suzuki props aren't good for bass boats. You need a solas scorpion. That prop has been proven to get the best performance on a suzuki pushing a bass boat.

4. Member
    What size would you recommend ?

5. Member
    What size would you recommend ?
    I'd probably start with like a 26 or 27 pitch. I'm not a prop expert by any means I just know the pros that run suzukis have gotten away from that suzuki prop and gone to a scorpion and gotten 5+ mph added to their speed. Go look up Team Marine Service on youtube. They are suzuki experts.

6. Member
    Well finally got out in my 625 some in the last week. May not be a popular review around here so I am sorry, but I am not impressed. Trying my best to be patient and learn to like it, but I'll probably have it posted for sell very very soon. It's not that it isn't good, it just isn't great in any category IMO compared to my last 3-5 boats and it really struggles in 2 of my important categories. It is extremely wet when idling and graphing. I have found several boats struggle in this category, but it seems the 625 is extreme IMO. The ride is pretty good in rough water, but IMO the ride is not as good as it should/could be in the small slop (6-18"). On the positive, I will say I think it fishes very good and the lay out is very efficient and well thought out. I was told the Suzuki would run 78-80, but I don't believe the previous owner was being honest. 75-77 is more realistic. I might try some props if I keep it. He has a 28 Suzuki 4 blade. I'll try a Bravo XS next that ran real good on my Bullet and would like to try a big 3 blade maybe.
    Can’t say what the 625 is performance but I came from a Phoenix 920 to a blazer 650. Ride is faster than Phoenix and for being a bigger boat, but the wet ur talking about is not on my 650. It is a dry riding boat. My Phoenix was hard to beat. There is thing I don’t like about the blazer that I liked about Phoenix but most of my dislike is the wash over coming off plane. Other than that this boat is fantastic!

7. Member
    Did I see this right, that this boat is up for sale on TFF? I’m just curious as to what your next boat will be?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12