trailer side rails keep breaking

Anyone have issues with this? I'm talking about the short horizontal side guides right behind the trailer wheels. My boat is an 08 (X19). One of the side arms broke right in the "bend" and I had it repaired. The second time it broke, I went to a dealer and was told they redesigned them; and I was able to swap them out for free. On the "new" ones, the welds were absolutely horrible, but the bracing appeared to be reinforced. Anyway, I had one break again. And let me say it's not because I'm trying to load my boat sideways!! I think it's due to the vibration from trailering. Anyway, I'm thinking about buying the new ones which appear to be vertical tubing of some kind. Haven't had a chance to contact a dealer yet, but was just wondering if anyone had issues with these and what are the costs for these guides. Thanks.

You can get the current guides, minus the stylish noodle and xpress cover, at academy. They bolt on so no welds to break. Bass pro has them too- smith is the brand

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    Mine broke about 3 times. I had a machine shop make me a set out of stainless steel and so far so good. Had them 2 years problem free.
    2008 XPRESS H18
    2017 MERC 150 4S

4. Member
    I'll take a look at Academy to see what they have. Local Xpress dealer told me they were $250 each. Uh, not gonna happen!!

5. Member
    I have had two xpress boats for over ten years .Have not broke one yet .The trick is to drive straight up on the trailer .Dont hit the side rails hard .Dont run over the top off them.Im just bull s... you.These other forms you would hear it is all your fault .I have not broke one yet but a lot of guys have .I have hit mine pretty hard a few times .Knock on wood .Hope you get it fixed so it will stay

6. Member
    Had a 2012 that I just recently sold and never an issue with the side rails. Did have welds break on the side steps under the rails however. Personally I prefer the rails over the new guides that will be on the one I have on order.

7. Member
    Are these things anything more than cosmetic? Was on the verge of taking mine off as they hit the frame of my 10' garage door if I don't center it perfectly. They are helpful when backing an empty trailer, but I certainly don't need them to guide my boat on when loading.
    2018 X19 Pro
    2018 Mercury 150 ProXS
    10" Hydraulic Atlas
    Helix 9 SI
    Helix 7
    Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

8. Member
    I didn’t have the tall guides on my when I got my boat .My wife had trouble backing the trailer in with the guides on she has no trouble.I like them they help on steep ramps .It is tight backing in my shop.They help in the river in swift water