Thread: AVX1880 Storage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AVX1880 Storage

All the 1880 owners, how are y'all using the storage compartments to stow your gear? I.E., center box obviously for rods, bow port side for tackle, bow starboard side for extra life jackets, ropes, bumpers, not to mention the very large compartments on the back deck, etc.....? Any feedback greatly appreciated! Can't wait for ours to get here.
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

2. Member
    Front:
    Port - Tackle 3600's 3700's custom Mark Gatewood rack system
    Center- 10 rods
    Starboard - Vests, 2 auto inflating bumpers, small pouch w/fishing line spools, boat towels, throw-able pfd, rain gear, (keeping it light to offset my fat arse when fishing alone)
    Step - Humminbird graph covers, weighing and culling stuff, bug spray, lure knocker on a retractable dog leash
    Under passenger seat - Laminated stuff like graph instructions, battery charger blink codes, registration and insurance stuff that I laminated.
    Center glove box - cutters, pliers, Ulterx remote, Talon remotes, SPF, secret baits for the day
    Rear:
    Port - Anchor bag and required safety gear. The rest is open for co-angler
    Starboard - put a container in that takes up about 1/2 of the volume and use the rest of the space as a cooler. That compartment is way too big for only a cooler. Insulation is great. Ice will last all day and then some.
    Battery compartment - Only what came in the boat. There is room for more stuff because I only run a 24v trolling motor.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

3. Member
    Perfect! Thanks Kenny!
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

4. Member
    So much storage for a boat this size. I had to take all the stuff out when I took my boat in to get the motor replaced, I was even amazed at what all I had in it. I have been buying the new Plano boxes to get my tackle better organized, but damn , that boat holds alot.

5. Member
    Pretty much the same as Kenny. I put my fire extinguisher in the step and I also leave that for fishing tools and a trash container. Coin box is for bug spray, suntan, documents, sun glasses, phone, keys. BUmpers are in the battery comartment.
    Keep in mind your throwable needs to be out when you are not sitting in the traveling seat. I just found out the hard way. I am looking at a way to velcro it under the console and leave it there all the time. The one thing that I don't like storing is light pole. It takes up a tube in the rod locker. SO if anybody knows of something better please let me know.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

6. Member
    After owning the 1880 for a year now I still haven't filled all the compartments . Had a TR20 that was jammed with tackle that got a free ride for months and years....now tackle is by the boat in garage. Take what I need..put into a couple bags and its off. Pretty clutter free and everything stays wide open. Have moved things around several times but I like putzing in the boat.
    Not going to make this boat a suitcase.

7. Member
    In mine, front port side locker is exclusively for baits, center rod locker only rods, front starboard locker tools, dry bag, etc. Rear port side storage, a place for my big AO canvas cooler, rear starboard storage contains my PFD's, drift socks, and anchor lines. Front step, miscellaneous stuff.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

8. Member
    Front left = all plastics
    Front right = all hard/terminal
    Center = all rods and net (ergo net)
    left rear = mostly open for co
    right rear = life jackets, weigh in bag, dock rope, etc
    step = cull tags, humminbird covers, scale, first aid kit, etc.
    livewell = a 30# stringer of smallies.... ;) #dreams
    2020 White Vexus AVX 1880 Evinrude G2
    Ultrex 80 MDI iPilot
    Helix 9 G3N MSI
    Helix 9 G3N MDI w/ MEGA 360

9. Member
    Good stuff y'all! Thanks for all the replies.
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

10. Member
    FR...two small bags
    FL...rain gear,small cooler,snacks or lunch
    Center...rods
    Behind rods...Lowrance covers, garbage bag
    Front of livewells...misc...sunglasses, weigh stuff, wallet
    Behind seat...throw cush,spare jackets
    Other compart always empty for passenger

11. Member
    I was wondering if anyone had some pictures or videos of how they are using their compartments on their AVX 1880? Trying to decide between 1880 and 1980. Currently have a 2001 Xpress X-56, but drove an 1880 and wow the difference. Now just trying to imagine all the tackle storage options.

I fish with a pile and of rods on the deck. I would rather have rod storage on one side or the other and have my tackle in the center. With tackle storage on each side I would have to move rods out of the way to get to it. So I will store my tackle behind the front passenger seat. PFD’s, rain gear etc will go in the front side compartments. Fire extinguisher will go in the front step along with scale, pliers, etc. The between seat glove box will hold keys, wallet, phone etc. Fenders will go behind the drivers seat so I have easy access as I fish solo 99 % of the time. Vexus adding a console cleat will make it that much easier.
    Last edited by ifishinxs; 08-09-2020 at 02:34 PM.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by Tqisme View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had some pictures or videos of how they are using their compartments on their AVX 1880? Trying to decide between 1880 and 1980. Currently have a 2001 Xpress X-56, but drove an 1880 and wow the difference. Now just trying to imagine all the tackle storage options.
    I like the deck lay out better on the 1980. If it would have fit in my Garage that’s what I would have bought. I like the built in ice chest in front of the console. Rod storage is also a better. Having said that I doubt I’ll fill up the 1880.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by zaprod71 View Post
    Pretty much the same as Kenny. I put my fire extinguisher in the step and I also leave that for fishing tools and a trash container. Coin box is for bug spray, suntan, documents, sun glasses, phone, keys. BUmpers are in the battery comartment.
    Keep in mind your throwable needs to be out when you are not sitting in the traveling seat. I just found out the hard way. I am looking at a way to velcro it under the console and leave it there all the time. The one thing that I don't like storing is light pole. It takes up a tube in the rod locker. SO if anybody knows of something better please let me know.
    I cut my light pole down a couple inches so that it fits in the rod box with out taking up a tube.

Hey Crank, how did you cut the pole down?

Mines sitting on the bench waiting on a chop job but I can’t figure out how to get the connectors out of their blocks.

I’m about ready to just cut and spice the wires.

16. Member
    Front Starboard is my tackle and Port side is my dad’s tackle. The Starboard rear compartment are life vests and rear Port side is misc...rope, motormate when it comes off etc. front middle is strictly rods
    2022 Avid 20XB | 2022 Yamaha SHO 200 | Minn Kota Raptors | Hummingbird and Garmin electronics

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crankwv View Post
    I cut my light pole down a couple inches so that it fits in the rod box with out taking up a tube.
    That is a very smart idea!! I like that.
    2022 Avid 20XB | 2022 Yamaha SHO 200 | Minn Kota Raptors | Hummingbird and Garmin electronics

18. Member
    I have a 1980 but i just finished organizing it today (round 1 anyway).

Port rod locker: all my catfish and crappie rods that I won’t use as often, a couple dry bags, my light poles, dip net, frogg toggs

Center rod locker: all my bass rods, weigh bag, buoy markers, spinner bait box, cast net in its box, little bottle of g juice

Starboard front: all tackle, pliers etc.

left the ice chest box in front of the console empty

Step locker: water proof bass mafia bag with sunscreen, bug spray, first aid, documents, ultrex remote

I have third seat so no storage there.

Hatch behind driver: life jackets, throwable, anchor, dock lines, fire extinguisher

Other back hatch: empty. Will be used for partner tackle, tow ropes when I take the kids tubing, etc.

I was trying to just get everything out of the shed, but now that I’m typing this I’m regretting taking up the entire port rod locker with extra rods when I could just swap my rods out from the middle locker the few times I’ll go cat or crappie fishing. So I’ll probably take those and the cast net out til needed.

Have plans to add bases for driftmasters in the back corners for catfishing.

19. Member
    Thanks y'all! Not holding my breath, but hopefully picking her up Saturday!
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

Quote Originally Posted by MarkG52 View Post
    Thanks y'all! Not holding my breath, but hopefully picking her up Saturday!
    I’m with you Mark. Supposed to ship on the 20th. Mine is shipping to the California dealership. That’s 3 to 4 days. Then 2 days at the dealer for rigging and system checks. I’m crossing my fingers for the 29th. I’ve remodeled my garage 3 times now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast