Talon wont update

I wanted to update the sw version on my Talons and it will not load. I pair up using my Talon app on my iPhone and it shows there is an update, but when I click transfer nothing happens. I have left the phone laying on the back up the boat for 15 mins just so I know it wouldn't loose connection as well. They are 2019 BT Talons. They work fine using the app but at times when using the remote, only one will deploy and I have to flip thru the remote to where both red arrow and showing and deploy again. Im not sure why the remote will not stay on both and somehow goes to just the starboard Talon at times, thats why I wanted to update just to rule that out as an issue. Do I need to just "forget device" on my phone and repair maybe, or do I need a complete reset of the Talons and start all over again?
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Member
    If the Talon will not update from your I-phone try to find someone with an android and see if it will update then. If you having issues with a remote then I would get another remote. Warranty should cover that.

3. Member
    I would rather get it updating from my phone and not have to rely on someone else to do it for me every time a new update comes out. I will just reset everything and start over.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    I would rather get it updating from my phone and not have to rely on someone else to do it for me every time a new update comes out. I will just reset everything and start over.
    I understand this very well. I suggested that because I am trying to eliminate whether it is your phone or the talon. Try another I-phone or Android and see if it will update. It is a process of elimination.

5. Member
    I had the same issue. Used an sd card instead and update worked fine.

6. Member
    Talons have a SD slot?
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    I understand this very well. I suggested that because I am trying to eliminate whether it is your phone or the talon. Try another I-phone or Android and see if it will update. It is a process of elimination.
    I have a spare iPhone 7 that I use for the GoPro and music on the boat, I will load the app on that and give it a try.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

8. Member
    Update thru connected graph via bluetooth

9. Member
    I was able to get the Talons to update with my spare iPhone, but now they dont want to deploy properly with the remotes, even after re-syncing them. I can double click down, and sometimes they deploy right away, and sometimes there is a 10-20 sec delay. Fresh batteries in both remotes. Is there a way to roll back the update?
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

10. Member
    UpdAte thru your graph hooked to talon via bluetooth

11. Member
    I think I will just need to clear them and start over. They are updated to the latest but that delay is killing me. I just had back surgery again yesterday and will be a week or so before I can get out and mess with them again. I have 4 remotes in all and have tried 3 of them, and the Talons still have a delay at times.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo