Buyer beware: Wal Mart sells old tires!

We have Goodyear Endurance tires on our boat trailers but we needed 2 new tires for my OLD UTILITY TRAILER we use to haul trash (Marathons were 16 years old) so I go on WalMart.com and order 2 Carlisle 205/75/14 LRD/8ply. Simple and easy, right? They showed up at local store in 3 days and mount, balance, stems and disposal was $16 each. Fair enough. So I get home with mounted tires and put wheels on trailer and then I decided to check the DOT code for manufacture date.

38/18 and 47/18. Both tires are over 20 months old! If I had thought to check the codes at WalMart I would have rejected them. But they are on the old trailer now so I will just ride them. Why should we as consumers have to be so diligent in checking things just to keep from being cheated? I paid their everyday price and got tires almost 2 years old. I plan to just buy local in future and pay a little more,,,even for an old trash trailer.
    Last edited by LT4247; 07-17-2020 at 12:41 PM.

2. Member
    Before you buy, tell the person you interface with your requirements before you order.

20 months inside an air conditioned store is not the same as 20 months under your boat in a garage or in the sun. Don't sweat it other than those tires are crap. Endurance... your marathons went 16 years why leave the company?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

First mistake......not endurance tires. Second mistake, alway look at the tires & check date before they are mounted. But seriously, all companies try to get rid of their old stock first. I don't know how Walmart does their tires. I bought my Endurance from Walmart, had them delivered to my house ( free shipping ). Dates on mine are 2019 ( that's when I bought them) and are within 2-3 months apart. I guess they were just giving you what Carlisle sent them, since Walmart didn't have them in stock. Maybe you should yell at Carlisle.............

5. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Should be good for 14 years since the old ones were 16?
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

6. Member
    Lol,,,it only goes 6 miles to the dump so maybe they will!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    Should be good for 14 years since the old ones were 16?