Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrigj View Post
    I just purchased (Friday) a 2020 P2 with the Mercury 200 proXS 4S. The boat from back of engine to trailer breakaway is 21’10”. My garage is 21‘7”. I have to turn the motor and angle the nose of the boat to get it in with my wife’s car. My last boat was a P II with the two-stroke proXS and that one was 21‘7”. Both were on single axle trailers for this reason.
    I really appreciate your reply. It's kind of ironic. I was looking at a P2 on a single axle trailer at a dealer in Alabama. I called about the boat several times and the last time I called I was told it had just sold to a guy from Louisiana who traded in a really nice P2 on a single axle trailer. I'm betting it was you! Congrats on the new ride, it sure is a nice looking rig as is your trade in! My hunt continues. I'm considering expanding my hunt to include tandem axle trailers because there are so many more than single axle boats available. I'm told that the tandem axle trailer doesn't add any length but that you have to use a set of the hydraulic trailer dollies to jack up the trailer wheels of one axle to be able to swing it in a garage. My garage is 22' exactly in length. I'd like opinions on how late a model P2 I could buy in really good shape with a 4 stroke engine (I'm open to a SHO in order to get a little older boat) and not have more than $40K invested. Thanks again for your input and in advance for any help I get.

2. Member
    I believe the SHO sits back about 4" further than Mercury does. Just something to think about.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChooChooSnakeMan View Post
    I really appreciate your reply. It's kind of ironic. I was looking at a P2 on a single axle trailer at a dealer in Alabama. I called about the boat several times and the last time I called I was told it had just sold to a guy from Louisiana who traded in a really nice P2 on a single axle trailer. I'm betting it was you! Congrats on the new ride, it sure is a nice looking rig as is your trade in! My hunt continues. I'm considering expanding my hunt to include tandem axle trailers because there are so many more than single axle boats available. I'm told that the tandem axle trailer doesn't add any length but that you have to use a set of the hydraulic trailer dollies to jack up the trailer wheels of one axle to be able to swing it in a garage. My garage is 22' exactly in length. I'd like opinions on how late a model P2 I could buy in really good shape with a 4 stroke engine (I'm open to a SHO in order to get a little older boat) and not have more than $40K invested. Thanks again for your input and in advance for any help I get.
    ChooChoo,
    Yes that was me. Purchased from Fredericks Outdoors in Decatur Al. My 2017 that they took in on trade was exceptionally clean and had 95 hours on the engine with warranty until 2024. It also has a custom cover. I went to single axle trailers (all my other PII’s were on tandem axle) on these last two as I am getting older and using go-jacks to push and turn 90* into the garage was getting tougher on the old body.
    I think 22’ is still going to be tight and you will have to maneuver it around some. My previous home had a 25’ garage so it was never and issue. Let the wife convince me to downsize homes since the kids are all gone and unfortunately the garage downsized also. Let me know if you have any questions as this is my 12th PII (love that hull) and know a few things about them.
    Gerard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12