place to go crabbing

Haven't gone in a 100 yrs. Use to go down to hackberry . Will be fishing from the bank. Where do i go? thanks

2. Member
    I hear they biting in the Pontchartrain by the boat launch off the spillway. By the landing there. They were catching. Usually if they running in marsh you can catch em by the camp off the weir by the camps down thru the Brady.

3. Member
    A few years when my kids were younger we used to Norco in the spillway area. There was a ditch (that 's what I called it so may say canal) that ran straight out to the lake. Put some chicken on some strings and let the kids have at it.
    I sat on the tailgate and dumped the crabs in the chest.

4. Member
    Louisiana bank fishing and crabbing page on Facebook is my page/group... point aux Chenes is all the rave for crabbing right now.. people have been loading coolers full daily!!

I’ve always been partial to lake road in lacombe but it’s not as good as it used to be, or too many people, not sure which...

now that I live in Venetian isles, I catch all I want in 2 traps behind my house and based on that, I’d suggest chef pass or by rigolets bridge...

5. Member
    Thanks for the tips