2007 triton tr21 dc wt/225 pro xs new to me boat trying to get dialed in

Have had the boat about a month and have been trying to get things dialed in on setup. It was at 2” below the pad when I purchased and it walked extremely bad to me so I lowered it to about 2.5 and it seems better but I fee like it has a lot of bow lift and I can’t trim it up as far as I’d think I should. After much trimming it feels like the bow is way to far out of the water. This is a new to me boat so maybe it’s how they are. Also when I purchased it blew out on plane extremely bad. Got up on plane extremely fast but if u didn’t play with the throttle it would blow out. I have been playing with the plugs and right now have one med plug in the prop. Also anyone know about what top speed is. I hit 67 with two guys and a tourney load about 1/2 tank of gas. Since moving stuff around I only get about 65
    (26 temptest prop)

2. Member
    Your setup is correct, and max trim is needed for the fastest WOT speeds.....Now you just have to learn to drive it!!!!

Flying the bow is a good thing, once you learn how to drive it.

3. Member
    Mr. Savage is an expert and you’d be wise to listen to him. The only thing I’d add is that my son has a 2007 TR 20 X2 with a 250 Optimax and when he first got it we had a heck of time getting it dialed in. After much adjusting, Ranger Robbie suggested we lower the motor. We dropped it to 4” and that was the ticket. At that setting he runs up to 78mph with no chine and the boat is extremely stable. Settles back down off the pad without getting wild, unlike my 2005 TR 21 X which will scare the crap out of you If you don’t trim it down before coming off pad......but that’s another story.

4. Member
    Get all the weight you can out of the front of the boat and move the load around while setting still so the boat is level. Now find someone you know that can show you how to drive it or let them drive it while you watch them and you'll learn how to handle it so it doesn't walk. Top speed should be close to 75. The higher you can run the motor the less it will walk so you might end up raising it back up.

Mine will start to walk around 76. Definitely have to drive it.

6. Member
    Great input from everybody and I would add...................Once it starts to chine walk , trim down a little until you learn how to anticipate the chine before it happens and you will pick it up very fast. Keep putting bigger plugs in the prop until it doesn't blow out anymore. Also, if you have a hydraulic JP, you can lower your motor more when you go to jump on plane and that will slow down the blowout but you will need to raise the motor back up as you dial it in at high speed. Just watch your water PSI . I had somebody film my boat when i got it dialed in around 75 and i can tell you that the bow lift is all the way back to the seats when dialed in. These are the things I did to get mine right. It's all about anticipating the chine and preventing it from happening not driving thru it.....It's not easy to drive until you learn how to drive it....... now I can drive it with one hand but i WONT!

7. Member
    It walked a lot worse to me when it was at 2” but like I said it’s new to me. The plugs have been so finicky if tries drilling a few myself still haven’t got it perfect it still wants to blow out.

8. Member
    It is NORMAL for a Tempest Plus prop to blowout, during break over, so just feather the throttle till it hooks! Just set the PVS plugs for 3500 RPM at the hit of the throttle. Chinewalking decreases when the lower unit is out of the water more, so a smaller PTP setting is better.

9. Member
    Thanks. So assume u mean if iM taking off as soo. As I hit the throttle it should be at 3500 correct

10. Member
    Yes within a couple of seconds as the nose is still high.

11. Member
    Ok. Thanks man. I think I’m gonna hump it back to 2” and take it out today and see what it does.

12. Member
    I just purchased my first Triton. It's a 2007 Tr21x with a 250 on it. It rides like a dream at 65 and then at 65.1 you better start driving it. I'm still learning the boat as I've done replaced all the pumps and switches and got all.my lights working. It almost seems like something is off but I've not had an opportunity to check on the motor height yet. If anyone has any ideas on this boat it'd be greatly appreciated. Sorry to high jack your post bud.
    07" Triton Tr21X HP