Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A lot of people I work with drive Kia's

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    I love the way German cars drive but dependability is poor and they are expensive to repair.
    For cool.. VW For reliability..Kia

would go with the kia personally
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

4. Member
    Kia, all the way. I've owned 2 BMWs and my sister has had 2 VWs. All of them were crap, one problem after another. I will never own another German car.

5. Member
    Can't speak to the Kia specifically, but we own a 2017 Hyundai Sonata with ~85K miles and it's been fantastic. Only been in the shop for a software update that Hyundai pushed out. Still rides and handles well, and doesn't have any rattles or noises. I'd buy another.

Quote Originally Posted by drake322 View Post
    My niece has a Sonata that has 103K on it and the motor went out. BIL contacted the dealership and they told them there was a TSB out on the engines and the issues and covered up to 100k. Hyundai put a new motor in it and covered labor at no cost to him. That said a lot for them and the dealership. We are going to look at my wife a new car in the fall and I am strongly leaning to the Santa Fe.
    On our 5th Hyundai. 3 Sonatas and 2nd Santa Fe. Great vehicles. First Santa Fe was turbo and a rocket. Now have the 4 cyl and all you need. Great vehicles.

7. Member
    Wifes Kia is a great car
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

8. Member
    kia's are great vehicles nowadays

9. Member
    I have had three new Kio Reo while working at Jetta, not one problem with any of them. The first one i put 100,000 miles on and gave to my son, he put another 150,000 and sold it. The second i put 96,000 on, hit a deer and instead of fixing i sold to our service manager to drive back and forth, last i heard he put over 100,000 more on and still driving. The third was a new 2013, i put 70,000 on it and sold it after i retired. If i drove right i could get 37 mpg, driving like i usually do about 33 mpg. These were great little cars for kicking around in, takes a while to get from point a to b on a dead start but i didn't buy them for their power. I would not hesitate to buy a Kia for a family car at all.

10. Banned
    If the answer can't be neither ahhhhhyheeeeeeee

VW if you ant to pay thousands for repairs!

Kia or VW = get a job .

12. Member
    Vw

My wife has had a Kia Optima for several years. It has 130K with no problems at all. We needed something a little bigger to haul kids around in so she just got a new Telluride. Very nice vehicle and manufactured in Georgia.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Kia or VW = get a job .
    not sure what you’re implying but I have a job. A great one at that. It’s a simple question that requires a simple answer. Nothing else.

15. Member
    Always someone pipes in when the man just ask a simple question .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tysdad View Post
    If those are the only choices I am going to suggest a schwinn.
    Schwinn was founded by a German.

17. Member
    Youngest son is driving our old 2012 Kia Sorento with over 150,000. Had to put an alternator in it. Only repair. No rattles, good mileage. Go Kia. VW will eat you up in repairs.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KJW83 View Post
    not sure what you’re implying but I have a job. A great one at that. It’s a simple question that requires a simple answer. Nothing else.
    he’s implying they break often and they can be expensive to fix especially VW... anything more than that you’re reading too much into it. Heck even I saw that and I suck at interpreting things so much so In college I had a girl tell me that she wanted me to bring her to my house and “take her home”. And I legitimately asked how it was possible that I can take her home if we went to my house. Then she went into my bed with just a bra and panties and I slept on the floor to give her room.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

19. Member
    Buddy at work has kia and it has over 200k never an issue. But like all brands there Is good and bad. I’d go for the Kia.

20. Member
    Brother has 240,000 on his Kia. He had to replace the alternator. That and oil changes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast