Helix 10 msi g3n linking

Have on order a helix 10 msi + g3n for my small 16ft bass boat. Haven’t fully decided if I’m going to mount on console and spin it when I’m up front or mount it on the bow and add a second smaller unit for console. Question is if I got with a helix 7 for the console should I just get the helix 7 msi g3n and don’t working about linking. Still confused how the linking works and doesn’t seem cost effective when u have to add everything else.

2. Member
    Two helix units are networked with one Ethernet cable and two adapter cables. You can often find them used in the electronics sale section. Helix units won’t share an advanced mapping card (lakemaster for example) but you can share waypoints and transducers.
    Would have to imagine you’d see a lot more on a 10 inch side imaging unit vs a 7

3. Member
    yea i have the 10 coming and will order the 7 soon. just havent decided which is going where. right now im leaning 10 on bow and 7 on console

4. Member
    It’s tough.... cause you spend most time fishing from the bow.
    if it was me, I never use side imaging on the trolling motor, if I’m using side imaging I want to be relaxing and going about 6mph so I’m at the helm.

id want the bigger screen for side imaging.
    however, I’d use the 7 to display the map and down or sonar. I feel like the 10 in helm is what most would do but .... tough call