Rerouting hydraulic hose

Has anyone rerouted your hydraulic hose through the splash well? I have two blades and both are routed through where my fuel lines, throttle linkage, battery cables, water pressure hoses, and shifter cables are so that area is a little crowded I'm considering moving them to the sides to lessen the chances of them getting crimped on pinched.

2. Member
    If you do i suggest getting the install plates from hydrilla gear. They really give it a nice finished look. But uou can run your hoses any way you like. Just remember to use a sharp bit, and start in reverse if going thru gel.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Most drill thru the spashwell. Its more common then going thru the rigging tube especially w the new larger hoses. The preinstalled grommets make a nice clean install on there own.

4. Member
    I agree with jdwo2212. Hydrilla Gear makes some nice plates for the Hydraulic lines. Which will also work great for when you replace your PP with Raptors..

5. Member

When I repowered to a G2 I was able to route all 4 of my hoses through the rigging tube via the holes where my steering hoses come up and into the cable entry.
    It gave the splash well a very clean look.

gmnzUyU.jpg j3P8RfH.jpg z7U9tSF.jpg z5aGmlC.jpg
    united in the pursuit of bass.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCPT View Post
    When I repowered to a G2 I was able to route all 4 of my hoses through the rigging tube via the holes where my steering hoses come up and into the cable entry.

That is an amazing/clean install.
    I bet it was a little bit of the pucker factor with those lines not getting pinched....
    Nice job.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCPT View Post

very clean nice job

Thanks! Definitely felt the pucker factor when I was testing for pinch points with the hoses ran...
    I tested it at various different JP heights and trim angles and it took a while doing it by myself (turning the wheel a little bit at a time and walking back to check each time).

I'm still not 100% confident on long term durability with the starboard side hoses going into the cable entry and turning almost 180 degrees into the rigging tube...
    I wasn't sure what the minimum bend radius on the hose was and I more or less eyeballed the bend of the hose coming out of the stern bracket as my reference point for how tight of a 180 degree bend the hose could handle... Only time on the water and heavy use will tell...

I'll throw up a post after a year or if it blows before then on this routing method.
    united in the pursuit of bass.