Cx20 with a Benchmark trailer loading question

Got a CX20 with a Benchmark trailer. Softest riding trailer I’ve ever had but it’s a bear to load the boat on to. I’ve had Rangers, Tritons and Javelins and they usually slid right up on the roller. Tried backing the trailer in at different depths on different ramps but the nose of the boat is always under the roller. Seems the roller arm might be a bit to high. Sits awfully nose up when it’s on the trailer too. Trailer itself is level to the ground. Picked the boat up in Feb so I got one of the first BM trailers to go out the door. Anybody else having this issue?

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Yes, I had issues loading my cx 20 when I first got it.. I've found with the front of the fenders either just under the water or just below the water to be the best way to load my boat. My front roller is all the way down.. When at rest out of the water it will lift off the roller until I winch it down. Maybe this will help. I really struggled at first, bc every other boat I had the trailer the water line needed to be close to the middle of the fenders.

3. Member
    My cx 20 pro loads with water line just behind, water just touching the fender diamond plate. Mine always loads up to about a foot from bow eye. I winch it on rest of way. My Triton trailers all same spot on fender.Got mine on February 15th, its a channel frame benchmark, torsion axles.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    My cx 20 pro loads with water line just behind, water just touching the fender diamond plate. Mine always loads up to about a foot from bow eye. I winch it on rest of way. My Triton trailers all same spot on fender.Got mine on February 15th, its a channel frame benchmark, torsion axles.
    Do you have the 18 inch rims or the smaller rims? That may make a difference in loading. I have the 18's, and mine is a tube trailer.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    Do you have the 18 inch rims or the smaller rims? That may make a difference in loading. I have the 18's, and mine is a tube trailer.
    I have 14" tires

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    I have 14" tires
    That's the difference would be my guesse. I have to load mine deeper.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    I have 14” tires. Should I put 18” on it to make it easier to load?

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyboy03 View Post
    I have 14” tires. Should I put 18” on it to make it easier to load?
    I would think you could find the sweet spot with the 14's. I just know my BM trailer loads completely different than any other trailer I've owned. Once I figured it out it loads supper easy now.

9. Member
    I was having problems until I started putting in where the water line is about 2” showing on the front of the fenders at the curve

10. Member
    I was having problems until I started putting in where the water line is about 2” showing on the front of the fenders at the curve

11. Member
    Good info. I have a cx 20 on the way. Sam do you have 14 or 18" tires

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trxtx View Post
    Good info. I have a cx 20 on the way. Sam do you have 14 or 18" tires
    I ordered mine with the 14” trailer tires because living in south Louisiana we have a lot of shallow launches with steep ramps so I can’t have a high sitting trailer, we dumping in 2’ of water

13. Member

Caymas cx20 loading

mines just at back diamond plate for water line
    14" wheels
    Attached Images Attached Images