Living on a golf course

Well, if all goes well by the middle of August the wife and I will be living on one of the local golf courses. We have talked about it for years but have never found a place we really liked. So after 2 years of looking for the right house with property, we stumbled one a new construction on .86 acre lot on the course.

Sweet, which one?
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Kahite in Vonore. On the 17th green.

4. Member
    :)

5. Member
    You will love it.
    I lived on one in Littleton Colorado for 6 years. I was nice to walk 5,7 or 9 holes in the evenings, putt greens in the evenings with grandkids and neighbors, use the tee box as our own driving range for grandkids, snow shoeing in the 29” snow to walk nine, lost two windows on second story as I was third house on the right from the tee box on a dog leg left par 5 (had to be drunk or a really bad golfer or both!) and loved the camaraderie with the couples and men’s golf groups. Nice to drop by the house to get some coffee/baileys when the snow starts. We made some life long friends. Still get together with some for golf trips 8 years after moving back to oklahoma.
    I miss those days.
    We are trying to get back on a golf course or a lake in the Branson area.
    That will be my next to final house if all goes to plan.
    If it is my last house, I am okay with that too!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    You will love it.
    I lived on one in Littleton Colorado for 6 years. I was nice to walk 5,7 or 9 holes in the evenings, putt greens in the evenings with grandkids and neighbors, use the tee box as our own driving range for grandkids, snow shoeing in the 29” snow to walk nine, lost two windows on second story as I was third house on the right from the tee box on a dog leg left par 5 (had to be drunk or a really bad golfer or both!) and loved the camaraderie with the couples and men’s golf groups. Nice to drop by the house to get some coffee/baileys when the snow starts. We made some life long friends. Still get together with some for golf trips 8 years after moving back to oklahoma.
    I miss those days.
    We are trying to get back on a golf course or a lake in the Branson area.
    That will be my next to final house if all goes to plan.
    If it is my last house, I am okay with that too!
    who paid for the windows? If you, did homeowners cover it?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    who paid for the windows? If you, did homeowners cover it?
    Under the deductible.
    No Cashola! And no note from the golfers who broke it.
    They had to know since it is only 2 houses from the tee box.
    Part of golf life!

8. Member
    Hope the golf course has ponds. My sons and I have caught thousands of nice bass in golf course ponds over the years. Golf course ponds in Naples, Florida even had huge snook (20-30 pounds) and big tarpon.

9. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Luckily we got a pretty big lot, almost an acre, so we are far enough off the fairway and have big trees blocking the house.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Luckily we got a pretty big lot, almost an acre, so we are far enough off the fairway and have big trees blocking the house.
    Smart move. You will love it.
    Even with two broken windows we loved it.
    If you can’t live on a lake, then golf course is second best.
    My wife loves to golf and she prefers the golf course.
    I can live with that.
    Enjoy your new home.

Kahite in Vonore. On the 17th green.
    Nice, I was just in Vonore Friday dropping some parts off for my boat, its having some fiberglass repair at a place in Vonore. Didn't even know there was a golf course over there.

12. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    You must have been over at Smoky Mountain Fiberglass? Doesn't Chubb's son own that?

13. Member
    Good choice picking a house on the green. I live on the right side of a par 5 fairway about 250 yds from the tee and some days it looks like it is hailing golf balls in our yard. One guy was hitting near our yard and hit a tree dead center and it ricocheted through our screen right into our pool. I was sitting by the pool and was cracking up. It can be entertaining.

You must have been over at Smoky Mountain Fiberglass? Doesn't Chubb's son own that?
    Yes, its Kevin Bryant that owns it. They do alot of the factory repair work for several of the boat companies in the area. They have been extremely busy this year and It took a while for them to get mine in. His guys are very good at what they do. Hopefully have it back in the next week or 2 as its inside the shop mostly done now.
    Last edited by Melton Jason; 07-26-2020 at 08:39 PM.