How's the fishing been?

I haven't been on any WV waters other than the OH river in a little over a month, how is everyone doing right now? I was thinking about trying the upper Kanawha around Montgomery or the falls, and maybe Hawks Nest but I have never fished there before. I figure the water temps will be cooler in that area.

Sucks a little down here around Point Pleasant, but the waters you mentioned may be better. Haven’t got to fish any of the “good” lakes yet. Should be hitting some soon. If ya catch any, post on this thread and we’ll try to keep this one going.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    Ended up fishing the Kanawa around the Nitro area, went up the Coal River caught 1 11-12" small mouth and had a 16-17" one get off right at the boat, fished until about 1 and those where the only two bites I got all day, my cousin was fishing in the back of the boat with night crawlers and caught a few bluegill and a nice sized channel cat.

4. Member
    Fished Stonewall and Plum Orchard in the last week. Both were slow. Water temp is high right now. Parts of Stonewall were near 90.

I figure with these daytime highs the water temps are going to be pushing it. I’m going to hit somewhere in the next week or two.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs