Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I ran her again after I raised UP another 1/4". RPMs same and speed went from 62 to 61.8. I'm having to trim her up quite a bit to get the RPMs up to 5600, but I'm getting a chine walk when I do this. Getting frustrated. Water pressure still steady at around 24. I have not got my water pressure to drop yet. I guess I'll keep raising until my water pressure drops. Can someone verify that my pressure needs to be around 15 for a 20 175 Pro xs? I can't find any info on this for my motor. Also i have 0 rooster tail with setup so far. Anymore suggestions are appreciated.
    Last edited by dbw1968; 08-08-2020 at 08:54 PM.

2. Member
    Raised her another 1/2". RPMs went up to 5750 and speed was 62.9. Water pressure came down to 22. Finally getting somewhere. I'll keep raising until water pressure goes down or speed goes down. Also seeing a rooster tail finally. Chine walk improved as well. I'll measure P2P once it's all set. Probably be closer to 2".

Keep in mind it may not require max trim for the best speed, let the boat tell you what you wants, motor has rev limiter, you wont hurt it
    Thank You Leon Pugh

4. Member
    Yes I've noticed that it's not full trim for sure. There is a sweet spot. I think 1/4" more is gonna be the ticket if not a little more. I'm home now so it won't be tested for about a week. It's hell to have to work. Thanks for the Info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12