Thread: Falls lake

Falls lake

I’m going to Falls this weekend and I’m thinking about going upriver from Ledgerock. Is it navigable up there,how safe is it to run? Any sort of markers up there,like danger buoys or channel markers?

2. Banned
    Been up beyond the narrow gap there right after you leave Ledgerock a couple of times. Not a whole lot of navigation avaiable on the water. The channel is very narrow and if you venture out of it it could be trouble. 2 guys i fish with have lost lower units up there and one of them twice. Again, i only ran up there a couple of times and rarely got on plane. Surely someone who knows this area will come along and give you some advice. DD22 water up there on them channel swings. Good luck.

3. Member
    Very few channel/danger buoys up that way. If you have a mapping chip you should be ok at current lake level. Head straight across from the points to the steep cliff type bank and hug it on your left going uplake. There is a danger buoy marking another shallow spot just after you leave the deep bank. Split the power lines to Cheek Road bridge. After that you need to know how the channel runs - idle or watch other boaters. Gets really treacherous just before and after I85 bridge - stump lined narrow winding channel. PM me if you need any other info.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    I’m going to Falls this weekend and I’m thinking about going upriver from Ledgerock. Is it navigable up there,how safe is it to run? Any sort of markers up there,like danger buoys or channel markers?
    I know how to run it.. What time
    u want me to meet u @ Ledgerock Sat?

5. Member
    For me that is a tough pond to fish, i struggle bad.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderman View Post
    I know how to run it.. What time
    u want me to meet u @ Ledgerock Sat?
    I wish,thanks but I have a buddy going with me.

7. Member
    Watch out for the underwater road at Creech bridge. You can hit it at some water levels. No idea of lake level now.

8. Member
    Thanks guys,but it looks like I won’t be going now. I’m waiting on some boat parts,paid extra for two day shipping so they should have been here Tuesday,still not here.

9. Banned
    Got my remote tilt&trim switch delivered to and been working most of the day getting it installed. It was a booger bear to say the least, for me anyway. Just changed out the livewell selector switch a few days back. I think the post above meant Cheek Road Bridge. The old road bed is just before you get to the bridge. Good luck there Rip.
    Last edited by dwmgg17; 07-16-2020 at 10:12 PM.