Guntersville in the fall. Looking at places to stay.

Thinking of fishing Guntersville this fall and I’m lookin for a place to stay. Doesn’t have to be five star, just clean and reasonably priced. Any suggestions?

2. Member
    State park is about as cool of a view as you’ll see at that place.
    Waterfront has a few fishing cabins. It’s set up for bass fishermen with good boat storage and it’s across the road from the launch.
    Joey Aderhold

3. Member
    Another option. Stayed a few times always been great. http://goosepond.org/facilities/cottages/

4. Member
    Explanation of above:
    State Park is in Guntersville (lower end of the lake)
    Waterfront is up river a few miles
    Goose Pond is further up river in Scottsboro.
    Choose which section you want to fish and plan your stay accordingly.

5. Member
    Goosepond is pretty nice and located in a good area of the lake. State park and waterfront cabins gets all of the hype around here.

6. Member
    Thanks for the suggestion.

7. Member
    If you want to fish upriver, County Park has nice new cabins on Roseberry creek.
    For mid lake, Waterfront Grocery has cabins.

8. Member
    Probably get several different opinions, but what end of the lake do you guys prefer. Like I mentioned above I will likely be going in mid November.

Don’t miss out on the AirB&B options. I’ve stayed in some nice ones pretty much right on the water or next to a launch that were very reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
    Thinking of fishing Guntersville this fall and I’m lookin for a place to stay. Doesn’t have to be five star, just clean and reasonably priced. Any suggestions?
    Contact BassMeister. He lives there and can shed light on the subject and enlighten you on current conditions.

11. Member
    Kudzu Cove in Guntersville is really nice and reasonable.

12. Member
    I was there this past weekend, stayed in a vrbo, it was what we needed for our trip and budget. I did go checkout waterfront bay for a future trip where it would be just me and my boys. I must say that was a good looking setup for a fishing trip. Bait shop/gas station, boat ramp and cabins all at one spot. Think that will be my stay next time. Nice helpful folks at the store/bait shop. Like I said above goose pond is nice too. But waterfront seems to be more conveniently setup and is a lil cheaper. Dont ask me any fishing tips though!!!�� between the lake raging and me not knowing anything I am no help on catching! Lol

13. Member
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I am leaning towards Waterfront. I understand November can be a little difficult on Guntersville but I’ll make the best of it.

14. Member
    I have stayed at waterfront bay and the cabins at Goosepond. The ramp is across the street at waterfront and like most have said its about halfway between Scottsboro and Guntersville. I personally like putting my boat in the water and leaving it which has me leaning towards Goosepond. We will actually be in Goosepond the first weekend in October during the elite event and giving boat rides and such. Either of those 2 options make fishing up the lake much easier. It is a pretty good haul from the State Park to Goosepond and the lower end gets rough in the afternoons with all the traffic and especially if the wind is blowing up the river when they are pulling water.

15. Member
    D&E landing if your still looking for a clean nice place to stay

16. Member
    Just booked Waterfront for the end of October. Have never stayed there but have visited the store. I will say they are very courteous on the phone. Looked forward to my trip!