Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Solix Update 3.750

Software Description

PLEASE NOTE:
    •Software version 3.500 or greater must be installed prior to 3.640.
    •3.500 is part of this zipped file. Once you unzip the file, you will need to follow these instructions on how to update to v. 3.500 BEFORE updating to 3.640, below.
    •SOLIX G2 models are not compatible with ONIX models.
    •No damage will occur if 3.500 or greater is not installed, but the update will not be successful.
    •Once 3.750 is installed, the factory recovery will be updated to 3.750.
    •You will not be able to recover back to previous software versions.
    •The defaults will be restored when 3.750 is installed.

Affected Models:
    •411050-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    •411040-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2 CHO
    •411030-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    •411020-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2 CHO
    •411010-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    •411000-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2 CHO
    •410420-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    •410410-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP GPS
    •410400-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    •410390-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP GPS
    •410490-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    •410470-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP GPS

Updated Features:

Software Update - SOLIX Series v. 3.750

Quick Standby Mode (All SOLIX):
    •Quickly double pressing the Power Key now puts the unit into Standby Mode
    •Single pressing the power key wakes the display and sonar back up

Support for new CoastMaster U.S. Coastal v1.090 (601015-1) (All SOLIX):
    •Complete coverage of the U.S. East Coast, West Coast, and Gulf Coast
    •VX Technology - Vector-accelerated graphics allow for greater contour detail Chart Presets - 3 fully customizable chart presets in order to optimize the chart appearance for fishing, navigating, or other uses
    •Depth Highlights - Highlight a shallow water area and up to 4 other depth ranges
    •Depth Color Palette - Customize the appearance of depth areas
    •Tides and Currents - Provides the time, speed, and direction of currents, and the time, height, and direction of tides

Support for new Minn Kota Raptor Shallow Water Anchor (All SOLIX):
    •Fully control Raptor single or dual anchor installations: •Deploy/Retract Raptor independently or as a dual system
    •Monitor Deploy State
    •Adjust Anchor Mode (Soft Bottom, Normal, Rough Water, and Auto-Bottom)
    •Enable or Disable Active Anchoring
    •View and control Bluetooth Device Lists
    •Share Raptor across the Humminbird Ethernet network to other SOLIX units
    •Update Raptors using SOLIX units

Support for Cannon Optimum (All SOLIX):
    •Fully control up to four Cannon Optimum or Optimum TS downriggers: •Control features like Line Up, Line Down, Cycle Mode, and Bottom Tracking options
    •Display downrigger and Fish Hawk™ information in data boxes and overlays
    •Adjust all downriggers settings including but not limited to Line Type, Line Up/Down Speed, and PIC Voltage values
    •View and control Bluetooth Devices Lists
    •Share Cannon Optimum downriggers across the Humminbird Ethernet network to other SOLIX units

General Fixes:

Chart:
    •Fixed an issue where Contour Line Depth Labels were not appearing by default when using a ChartSelect or Lakemaster Plus card with an included Aerial base layer.
    •Fixed an issue where black boxes could appear on the Lakemaster Chart at various zoom levels.
    •Fixed an issue where the chart zoom level would constantly return to the 0.50mi or 0.25mi scale level while using Navionics and changing panes and/or views.
    •Fixed an issue where the chart would zoom out constantly when changing from 2D to 3D mode while using Navionics.
    •Fixed an issue where Navionics would get stuck at a specific zoom level unless the zoom keys were pressed three times.
    •Fixed an issue where pressing and holding to mark a waypoint or start navigation was too slow.
    •Fixed an issue where Heading Offset was not being remembered between restarts.
    •Updated the World Magnetic Model to 2020 Coefficients
    •Updated the default lat/lon format to decimal degrees (ddd.ddddd).
    •Changed the COG databox to state “GPS COG” to ensure user understanding that this data is always from GPS.
    •Changed the SOG databox to state “GPS SOG” to ensure user understanding that this data is always from GPS.
    •Change the default mark mode to Mark Favorites.

NMEA 2000
    •Fixed an issue where replicated NMEA 2000 sources were being duplicated as sources in the Network/Data Sources menu.

RADAR
    •Fixed an issue where RADAR Range Sync was not working.
    •Fixed an issue where the RADAR background colors were incorrectly changing when the RADAR color palette was changed.
    •Fixed an issue with adjusting RADAR Sector and Circle Guard Zone adjustment.

SONAR
    •Fixed an issue where SI data would stop causing sonar to have to be turned off and then back on.
    •Fixed an issue with MEGA 360 CHIRP Frequency Spectrum ranges.
    •Fixed an issue where changing the DI frequency was causing SI to stop pinging.
    •Added manual MEGA SI+, MEGA DI+, Built-In MEGA DI, and Built-In MEGA SI transducer configuration modes.
    •Fixed an issue where 50kHz data in SwitchFire Clear Mode could appear weak.
    •Fixed an issue with digital depth and sonar data on the SM3000.
    •Removed the Depth (2) feature and change Depth (1) to “Depth”.

SYSTEM
    •Fixed several Russian, Swedish, Italian, French, Finish, German, and Polish translation issues.
    "The handicapped angler"

2. Member
    Downloading and standing by for someone to take the plunge and see what new host of issues have been created unintentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Pro View Post
    Downloading and standing by for someone to take the plunge and see what new host of issues have been created unintentionally.
    I am about 1/2 hour into the software loading to the unit.

Edited: that took less time than I anticipated. Finished in 33 minutes.
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 07-14-2020 at 05:57 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Wonderful news for you guys, the saved settings don't work with the new update.
    You get to practice with the Globals again.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Yeah, I've had issues with the saved settings on the last few Solix updates. I have pretty much given up on being able to restore the settings and just keep a list of the main settings I need to change each time. Probably the safest way to do it anyway. I also always do a factory restore on the settings before doing the update as well... Just to be safe.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    By the way, I think there is an error on the initial Solix 3.750 update "Please Note" section. It appears to be a holdover from the previous 3.640 update as it refers to needing to update to 3.5 before going to 3.640. I assume that it should say that you need to be at 3.5 or higher before going to the 3.750. I would assume that, if you are already at the Solix 3.640 level, you could do the 3.750 update.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    By the way, I think there is an error on the initial Solix 3.750 update "Please Note" section. It appears to be a holdover from the previous 3.640 update as it refers to needing to update to 3.5 before going to 3.640. I assume that it should say that you need to be at 3.5 or higher before going to the 3.750. I would assume that, if you are already at the Solix 3.640 level, you could do the 3.750 update.
    The software included gets you to the 3.750. The two older ones are for those that just woke up and want current software and their unit has a version older than 3.040. Have to install that, then 3.500 to be able to install 3.750.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

took at least 30 minutes each

No First time setup and didn't remember these so you need to adjust this stuff

And Still No Fix for the temp offset! WTH!
    "The handicapped angler"

9. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    took at least 30 minutes each

No First time setup and didn't remember these so you need to adjust this stuff

And Still No Fix for the temp offset! WTH!
    What is the "temp offset" issue? I don't think I have heard about it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Glad I waited. There is just SO much stuff to set, plus I just changed my 2d and would hate to confuse settings errors with ducer issues. I had to pull plenty hard to get it through the tubes.

I'll try one outing then consider the update. Maybe they'll come with a patch? Maybe there's something changed structurally speaking in the software that we can't retain settings across this jump?

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    What is the "temp offset" issue? I don't think I have heard about it.
    There is a feature that is supposed to allow you to adjust/offset the water temp displayed reading +/- 15 degrees

This way if you have 2 units you can have them display the same temp and if you have an infrared temp gun you can adjust it to be a little more accurate

BUT It doesn’t work

You can adjust the slider bar but is has no effect on the displayed reading

I've been pointing this out for over a year and HB tech's confirmed the issue almost a year ago yet still no fix for this
    "The handicapped angler"

12. Member
    I tried to download but I got a message saying sd card encryption failed not sure what that means can someone fill me in thanks
    Savage 2016 ZX250/ 250 SHO

13. Member
    Any thoughts on the new tweaks? I noticed m360 has its own noise filter now. Default set on 3. My updates installed in 15 mins. on both solixes...seem to be working fine aside from all the rework on the globals and menu settings. I did notice the transducer option for built in mdi+ for my ultrex on initial setup now whereas I only had 455/800/1200 before.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zx250man View Post
    I tried to download but I got a message saying sd card encryption failed not sure what that means can someone fill me in thanks
    My need to format the card if it has never been put in the units before then insert it into the unit blank so it will encrypt the card..then put the update on it.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G48 View Post
    My need to format the card if it has never been put in the units before then insert it into the unit blank so it will encrypt the card..then put the update on it.
    yeah it has been in my unit before I downloaded the last update 3.640 and all the other outer updates downloaded on the same card 32 MB when I saw the new update the 3.750 I went ahead and downloaded it but I’m afraid all the other downloads went along with it and overloaded the card if that’s possible

16. Member
    Download to a PC. Save to a folder. Then move to a card, and finally take card to the unit to load.
    2018 Ranger 1880 MS
    200 Verado L4
    Solix 12 SI G1
    XNT 14 HWT dual spectrum 2D on Y cable
    Ulterra 112 Ipilot Link
    AS GPS HS
    Ionic lithium batteries 3)100 1)125 installed 6/20
    MK460PC on board charger
    Stealth 1 DC lithium so-so about 6 amps per battery

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Pro View Post
    Download to a PC. Save to a folder. Then move to a card, and finally take card to the unit to load.
    The file you download is a "zip" file

you need to save to your PC

Extract the files (Unzip)

then copy the files inside that folder to a SD card
    "The handicapped angler"

Download to a computer folder. Then unzip the files and copy them to the SD card. Do what the directions tell you to do.

Also make sure your SD card is 32 FB or less and formatted appropriately on your computer as specified in the directions.

There is NO NEED to encrypt this card on your head unit. encryption is ONLY for SD cards you intend to download purchased chart select maps into.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

19. Member
    Noticed the new update zip file works fine on PC but won't extract on Mac.

20. Member
    That is what I did I’m just thinking there was too much on the card that I used. I’m not sure if that’s why I get that SD card is not encrypted message not sure

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast