Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Was the Airmar installed in the first picture? Did settings get changed to the same as it was before reset to defaults?
    Yes, I've had the Airmar since I got the G2 back in January. Both of those shots are it. And yes I did go back in and reset all the settings for the Airmar.
    Last edited by Bullseye_LP; 07-21-2020 at 07:40 PM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I use the supplied Humminbird Transducer with my Solix 15 SI+ G2 and am not having any issues with the 2D, DI, or SI.
    Yes, I'm not having issues with the SI or DI, only 2D. And I'll also say that removing the Y cable and just plugging the supplied Mega+ transducer kinda works. It'll read bottom, but have to crank the sensitivity all the way up, and it's picking up nothing at all in the water column.

3. Member
    tried all on my solix's today, no more problem with the SI. all is working properly. all h-bird ducers
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye_LP View Post
    Yes, I'm not having issues with the SI or DI, only 2D. And I'll also say that removing the Y cable and just plugging the supplied Mega+ transducer kinda works. It'll read bottom, but have to crank the sensitivity all the way up, and it's picking up nothing at all in the water column.
    This is not the answer to your question, but while you are waiting I had a question. Did you use the HB HW supplied 2D transducer prior to the Airmar and the update? I have been very pleased with the 2D I get with the "Y" cable and HW transducer. I have not loaded the latest update yet.(Solix Gen 1). Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    This is not the answer to your question, but while you are waiting I had a question. Did you use the HB HW supplied 2D transducer prior to the Airmar and the update? I have been very pleased with the 2D I get with the "Y" cable and HW transducer. I have not loaded the latest update yet.(Solix Gen 1). Bob
    No, actually went straight to the Airmar, never had the Humminbird HW one.

6. Member
    After the update, I have to reset my sonar defaults each time I power up otherwise my 2d, Mega down and SI don't work. Frustrating.

7. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John__S View Post
    After the update, I have to reset my sonar defaults each time I power up otherwise my 2d, Mega down and SI don't work. Frustrating.
    odd, i have never had to do that and I dont have any issues
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

8. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John__S View Post
    I haven't had to do any sonar resets and I haven't had any issues. I would say that something is definitely amiss. Have you tried doing the factory resets?
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

9. Member
    I did the update in the house without any TD's, when I hooked up in the boat it didn't see any TD's so I turned off auto and manually set the TD's. That didn't work and I had to default the sonar settings, then the Td,s came back up in auto mode. Something is weird with this new update

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

Quote Originally Posted by scubatelco View Post
    I did the update in the house without any TD's, when I hooked up in the boat it didn't see any TD's so I turned off auto and manually set the TD's. That didn't work and I had to default the sonar settings, then the Td,s came back up in auto mode. Something is weird with this new update
    It's this as stated in the description:

Added manual MEGA SI+, MEGA DI+, Built-In MEGA DI, and Built-In MEGA SI transducer configuration modes.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Had another sonar lock up again after this update

At least its a quick fix - place in standby for a couple seconds and all works again
    "The handicapped angler"

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I haven't had to do any sonar resets and I haven't had any issues. I would say that something is definitely amiss. Have you tried doing the factory resets?
    I did do a factory reset and after the next power up the same problem. However after one power up, I switched to SI and there was a banner at the bottom of the page that stated “Pinging Disabled”. Instead of doing a sonar reset, I went to the Sonar Source Select page and saw that 2d pinging was off. I turned it on and now I no longer have the issue when I power up the unit. Just wanted to post this in case someone else has the same issue.

13. Member
    Update on mine, Humminbird reviewed pics I sent them, and my unit is off for service as of today. I'm pretty sure I had an underlying problem with the unit to begin with.

Finally tried 3.75 today. No issues at all. No lockup’s. Everything worked besides the battery dying in my RC-2.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

15. Member
    Has anyone figured out how to receive Mega 360 with a Solix 12 at the console and a Helix 12 G3N at the bow? I know they wont share but looking for some sort of work around to view 360 on both.

Quote Originally Posted by CGraz View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to receive Mega 360 with a Solix 12 at the console and a Helix 12 G3N at the bow? I know they wont share but looking for some sort of work around to view 360 on both.
    They will not share sonar data, so there is no "work around" possible.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    Is it possbible to connect the Mega 360 directly to both units?

Quote Originally Posted by CGraz View Post
    Is it possbible to connect the Mega 360 directly to both units?
    No
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123