New to Livescope

Recently install LS with a 73 echomap plus. Was looking for recommendations/help on settings/mounting. Plan on only using the forward view function. I have gone to spots where I am more than familiar with what the structure is there and have a heck of a time seeing what I know is there. Any help is appreciated.

With the 7" screen, The shorter you look out the better. Turn your color gain up to 80-100, TVG low, noise med. Start you gain around 50, but that needs to be adjusted each time you change spots. If you are looking for structure turn off the bottom fill. If you are looking for fish on bottom, turn on bottom fill. Also, I could never get auto depth to work, so I just set it to a little deeper than I am fishing.

3. Member
    Don't become discouraged. I also am new to LS. Used it five fishing trips now. On the last trip Sunday I never used anything but LS on my Garmin. The ability to see out front before you run over it PRICELESS!

Look, the stock settings are all you need for a few weeks. Just bump out the range to 50' manually. And turn off the grid over lay, I suppose you can select Readouts that you want. And after you make several adjustments and DONT like the results just reset the livescope to stock settings via the head unit.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089