2021 model updates

Any changes to the 2021 CX-21? I heard they removed the rod tubes. Any other updates?
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

2. Banned
    Changed the rod latches, rod lockers was the biggest issue they fixed. Minor changes is all it is but for the best.

3. Member
    Just picked up my 2021 CX21 a couple weeks ago-- changes I know of from 2020 to 2021's were: 1. surf/turf cockpit floor is now standard, 2. High speed livewell pick-up now is optional, 3. what was a starboard side storage box on 20's is now much longer to the front on 21's and will work for rod storage up to 7', 4. rod tubes are gone, just fully enclosed boxes all the way up to the bow now-works great with stick jackets or similar-I've got over 30 rods in the port locker currently with room for more. In my opinion, all great changes. I am beyond pleased with the new ride, definitely EB's best yet (I've had 6 from his previous brand from 20x to 21trx).

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pp98 View Post
    Just picked up my 2021 CX21 a couple weeks ago-- changes I know of from 2020 to 2021's were: 1. surf/turf cockpit floor is now standard, 2. High speed livewell pick-up now is optional, 3. what was a starboard side storage box on 20's is now much longer to the front on 21's and will work for rod storage up to 7', 4. rod tubes are gone, just fully enclosed boxes all the way up to the bow now-works great with stick jackets or similar-I've got over 30 rods in the port locker currently with room for more. In my opinion, all great changes. I am beyond pleased with the new ride, definitely EB's best yet (I've had 6 from his previous brand from 20x to 21trx).
    When you get a chance, would you mind posting some pics of the drivers (starboard) side rod locker.

5. Member
    And the new latches.

6. Member
    They added braces under console to stiffen up from movement

7. Member
    The braces are on my 2020 boat. I worked with caymas on that idea.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    The braces are on my 2020 boat. I worked with caymas on that idea.
    The dealership just installed the braces in my 2020..

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    The dealership just installed the braces in my 2020..
    They are absolutely needed.