Maverick Driver vs Rouge

Thinking about upgrading.
    But it is a lot of $.
    I usually wait till a year or two passes and pick them up for less.
    I could use a little extra distance now it seems, especially when fairways are wet.
    If they are dry, I get some but not a lot of roll.

Anybody playing the Maverick driver with thoughts?

2. Member
    I just got the maverick max with the senior shaft a few weeks ago. When I make a good swing and hit the sweet spot I'm gaining about 10 yards. I'm still working on how high to tee up the ball for consistent strikes. So far I like the club. I went from a Calaway Hawk with a standard shaft. Used it for about 12 years. I'm glad I made the change.

I just bought a epic flash sub zero (last years model) I liked it better over the maverick because I can dial it in better for my swing.I did like & hit the maverick a little further but the epics were cheaper being last years model. Can’t go wrong with the maverick though.

4. Member
    See my post on the below thread. Maverik is as forgiving as rogue but longer. I replaced Rogue head for maverick head, shaft is the same, so it has to be the head that's working.

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    You can save some money going with an Epic Flash and there isn't enough difference in the two to pay more.

6. Fishing is a Passion
    Could not help. I am still hitting 9.5 degree Nike Sasquatch
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BJE View Post
    See my post on the below thread. Maverik is as forgiving as rogue but longer. I replaced Rogue head for maverick head, shaft is the same, so it has to be the head that's working.
    That is what I would do I think.
    What do they charge you for the head only?

8. Member
    I showed the crack in my Rogue to our club's assistant pro and he returned it to Callaway. He said another member had the same issue with a Rogue Head and he would send them back together to Callaway to examine. I thought at best they might replace it with another Rogue or they might not do anything. It was about 3 years old. To my surprise, Callaway sent a new maverick with a new shaft, no cost. The assistant pro just took that shaft off and put it on my shaft in the pro shop. I think they returned the new shaft to Callaway. I am a big fan of Callaway, I bought the APEX irons a few years ago after hitting the same Pings for over 15 years. They have been great as well.