FXR Jackplate Height

What number are you FXR owners running your hydraulic jack plate for best performance?

2. Member
    11-13 seems to be best overall for me (thats on the Atlas Gague).

3. Member
    17-18, with around 80% trim, by myself, half tank, and med/hvy tournament load. 76.8mph. 75mph with tournament partner

4. Member
    warming this up.. I'm currently running on 6 (atlas guage). If I go up to say 9, RPM increases but speed goes down. new boat and prop... prop really falls on its face above 60 (25 sho t2). getting ready to send it to Mark to have it blueprinted.

how do you not sling blades running that high?
    Last edited by Bogeypro; 08-03-2023 at 11:41 AM.
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

I was going to say, 17-18 seems really high, but in the other thread folks a couple folks mention running that high as well after getting on pad.

I have Bobs and older ZX but found my setup originally ran best lower than I expected, likely due to lighter stern and heavier bow due to tackle and electronics. Moved motor down one set of holes to get a bit more range and typically run in the 2-2.5 range (Bob's labling is 0-6 with 4 positions for each number), so would translate into roughly around 7-9 on an Atlas gauge I reckon.. Mine also falls off above "3 - 3.5", only time I ever go above 3 is when trying to get through the shallow stuff.

Running a stock T2 currently, sent my T1 off to Mark for B&B and I should get it back tomorrow so above numbers may change a bit.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeypro View Post
    warming this up.. I'm currently running on 6 (atlas guage). If I go up to say 9, RPM increases but speed goes down. new boat and prop... prop really falls on its face above 60 (25 sho t2). getting ready to send it to Mark to have it blueprinted.

how do you not sling blades running that high?
    Because running high is not what throws blades. Running and having the motor leave the water while at full throttle is what does it. It may not do it on that particular day, but that is what gets it ready to. 25 years of running high performance boats and bass boats with the motors high, and only ever threw one blade. That was on a day where I was running Champlain like there was no tomorrow.
    Having way too much weight in the bow is basically the only thing that keeps these boats from flying. The 25p-t2 is by far the best prop for these hulls, and probably many others. I have tried many props and just can't find one I like better. Never had one blueprinted. You can search for me in FB under Skeeter owners page, and you will find a lot of info. The first thing I do every year when my Demo arrives is pull the tackle organizer. It weighs around 50lbs, and that is a large amount of weight to start with before you even add tackle. I also carry around a medium load of tackle. Been doing this a long time, I already know mostly what I am going to throw when fishing.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    Because running high is not what throws blades. Running and having the motor leave the water while at full throttle is what does it. It may not do it on that particular day, but that is what gets it ready to. 25 years of running high performance boats and bass boats with the motors high, and only ever threw one blade. That was on a day where I was running Champlain like there was no tomorrow.
    Having way too much weight in the bow is basically the only thing that keeps these boats from flying. The 25p-t2 is by far the best prop for these hulls, and probably many others. I have tried many props and just can't find one I like better. Never had one blueprinted. You can search for me in FB under Skeeter owners page, and you will find a lot of info. The first thing I do every year when my Demo arrives is pull the tackle organizer. It weighs around 50lbs, and that is a large amount of weight to start with before you even add tackle. I also carry around a medium load of tackle. Been doing this a long time, I already know mostly what I am going to throw when fishing.
    Great info.. I didn't realize those organizers weighed that much. I'm like you in that I don't carry half of BPS around with me.

I've been running my jack much lower.. between 3-5. getting great bow lift, but rpm and speed have been low. Prop slip numbers have been great though... old habit from running basscat.

I'll try raising the jack.
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville