Middle seat on a 2011 285 XL

Hey guys I'm kicking around installing a middle seat on my stratos 285xl, preferably a smaller one that will fold down and can be used as a step. It currently has 2 bucket seats and I only want the middle seat because I have 4 boys that like to go with me so another seat would be convenient. I did a little looking around, but not much and just wanted to see if anyone on here had done this or had any suggestions. Thanks

Other than finding a factory seat, maybe try BassBoatSeats and see if they have something? As for a Stratos seat, I'd call C&O and see if they have anything. They used to have a ton of old Stratos parts, including seats.

I used the strongest velcro I could find and attached a Type IV pfd. Did this so its readily accesible (required by law), but works as a seat. I an attach a photo when I get home, if you are interested.
    Wishing I was Fishing

4. Member
    We went out last night and my boy just sat on a type IV like you said, but I do not have any velcro or anything holding it down. It seemed to work fine and he was comfortable, his life jacket padded his back so we have a working solution for now. I checked out bassboat seats and it looks like they have a couple options that may work for me. I appreciate the input guys