Just typical golf day

Used up some vacation time last week and went golfing a couple times. Shot my typical mid to high 80's on most, however, last Friday I shot a 81, which I normally would have been very happy about . However, I shot 46 (10 over)on the front and 35 (-1) on the back. The back side is typically the more difficult side for me.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

2. Member
    I know the feeling.
    If I shoot 38 on the front, it will be 42+ on the back to keep me out of the 70’s again.
    That is the way my year has gone lately.

Basically did the same thing on Sunday. Went 43 on the front and 35 on the back (par is 35/35-70)
    Couldn't do anything right on the front then settled in on the back (beers helped). I've been struggling since getting back after the golf stoppage in PA. Developed a bad draw/hook but the last 5 rounds got it under control so it was refreshing to get back to normal.
    Normal being- blow up the front and shoot lights out on the back or
    shoot lights out on the front and blow up the back.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

4. Member
    Couple more honey do's to do and it's more golf for this guy....would like to do more than just the couples on Friday.
    Hit em straight ya all......

5. Member
    Could not do anything right on the front 9 yesterday, other than a birdie on 2, and par on 9 for a 49 (+13). Shot a 39 (+3) on the back with 3 birdies. Some days I just don't understand.

6. Member
    I feel ya. 40-50 yesterday. I think the heat got me.

7. Member
    The heat is getting my back nines lately. I have been consistently higher on the back the last 4 rounds.
    Bought a cheap Columbia Panama hat at BPS and so far it is the winner for sun protection and not causing sweat to drip out in buckets on me.
    I keep saying I just need to get used to it but my mind keeps saying “head to Colorado Mountains”.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BJE View Post
    I feel ya. 40-50 yesterday. I think the heat got me.
    I guess I just needed a beer, started drinking on 8 and played good from there on out. 1 beer : 1 bottle of water.

9. Member
    There is a perfect balance of beer to holes, always fun and scores are good when the balance is right, the over under changes every round....

Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    The heat is getting my back nines lately. I have been consistently higher on the back the last 4 rounds.
    Bought a cheap Columbia Panama hat at BPS and so far it is the winner for sun protection and not causing sweat to drip out in buckets on me.
    I keep saying I just need to get used to it but my mind keeps saying “head to Colorado Mountains”.
    I use one of the Columbia sun hats also, been a bit surprised at how well it helps on those hot sunny days
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB