Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Falcon Lake Humidity

I may be taking my medical retirement after the first of the year depending on my next surgical procedure, and am thinking about selling my house here in the Beaumont area and moving out to Zapata. I have been out there just never been out there during the real summer months, and was wondering how the humidity there is compared to here. I have been out in West Tx during the summer several times and although its dang hot, the humidity seemed way better. I cant even walk 50 yards down to the mailbox at my place without getting back soaking wet from sweat. I looked at the tax rates and its seems better as well. Im actually in Lumberton Tx, so we pay a higher rate than most around this area so that will be nice as well. Im thinking about just buying a 1/2 acre lot somewhere and buying a brand new single wide to have set up on it to save some $ on mortgage. I was actually surprised at how nice they are now days, even the cheaper 45k models. Anways, just wanted to get some feed back from those that have been down there during the hot times and see how it is compared to Ss Tx towards the Beaumont area.
    Last edited by 721Proxs; 07-15-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Member
    Email James at Falcon Tackle. He can answer all your questions and I think he is a real estate agent as well. james@falconlaketackle.com <james@falconlaketackle.com>;

Humidity in Zapata? LOL! Good luck finding any humidity down there. The Sahara Desert might be dryer, but not by much.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

4. Member
    I can live with the heat and its been close to 100 here all week, but the humidity here sucks! Soaking wet just sitting out on the front deck for 5 mins.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

You might want to spend a weekend down there before you pack your bags. Zapata is a little run down $h!t hole of a town. It reminds me of every western movie..you know, the scene where the cowboy walks across the "street" and the dust stirs up as he walks. That's what Zapata looks like. Everything is covered in dirt.

The fishing on Falcon is great, when the lake actually has water in it. If you're looking for good fishing with low humidity, then I would suggest Del Rio, or somewhere up north. O.H. Ivey would be another good lake to live by. Flacon is just a good place to go fishing for a weekend. You won't catch me moving down there.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

6. Member
    I have spent a weekend down there, many in fact. My question was on the humidity.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    I have spent a weekend down there, many in fact. My question was on the humidity.
    Was it humid the weekend you were there?

8. Banned
    I think I’d head to Del Rio.

9. Member
    That was addressed in the original post...

Quote Originally Posted by CaymasMan250 View Post
    Was it humid the weekend you were there?
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

I don't know about that area in particular, but as a rule, anywhere in West Texas has a lot less humidity than the Gulf Coast or East Texas. I've been thinking of buying the rattiest old single wide I can find, haul in about 20 junk cars and tractors, 30 horny roosters, and putting it all on a lot as close as I could get to Chance's house on Lake Ivie.

11. Member
    He is never there Larry he wouldn't notice you were even there.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Larry View Post
    I don't know about that area in particular, but as a rule, anywhere in West Texas has a lot less humidity than the Gulf Coast or East Texas. I've been thinking of buying the rattiest old single wide I can find, haul in about 20 junk cars and tractors, 30 horny roosters, and putting it all on a lot as close as I could get to Chance's house on Lake Ivie.
    That would be an improvement to the community.

13. Member
    Just seen a fishing report yesterday that although it was in the upper 90`s on Falcon yesterday, the humidity was at 20%. Its been upper 90s here this week but the humidity was also in the 90s. I went out to raise my Talons up on the Phoenix yesterday and I was soaking wet when done, and that was under cover in the shade, it sucks! At least my ol duck dog is enjoying the heat since he gets to stay inside now thats it burning up outside. Sometimes I think the only thing separating Texas from hell is an old screen door.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

Personally I couldn't throw all my eggs in one basket and be stuck living at one lake. Living at Abilene is perfect for me. I have 8 lakes within an hours drive that are awesome and throw in Ivie at 80 minutes for 9. Whole lot better living here than Zapata or East Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterBob View Post
    Personally I couldn't throw all my eggs in one basket and be stuck living at one lake.
    Same here. I'd rather live near Athens or Corsicana, but there's no jobs for me there. Once I retire (in 20 years), I'll be packing up and heading to east Texas.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Larry View Post
    That need to be on the Coleman county side!

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by westexbill View Post
    He is never there Larry he wouldn't notice you were even there.
    That’s right Grump, this Fork life is pretty damn nice.

I wish I was out there with you Chance! It's going to be a while before I can get back on Fork. Are you catching any fish?

19. Banned
    It’s a hot Mofo but we put a few in the boat today, several slot fish.

It is night fishin' time!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast