Dripping Springs

Thinking about going to Dripping Springs in the near future. I’ve never been there so for all of those that have been is there anything I need to know or is there anything of importance I should know about?

2. Member
    Be careful. You may be able to run from the boat ramp to the tree line but after that is is all trouble unless you know the lake. Make sure you idle when in doubt.

3. Member
    Yep, don't expect to get anywhere in a hurry. I've fished it several times in the past few years. I've never had a day where I've caught a ton of fish, but I've caught 2 over 6 and 1 that was 7.4. Several 3-4 pounders too. $3 ramp fee, which is new this year (or I never noticed it before). It's a neat little lake.

4. Member
    What kind of lake is it? I noticed on a video looked like some standing timber. Is it deep or shallow?

5. Member
    Lots of standing timber, most banks are pretty flat and it's surrounded by reeds. In some areas, you can be 50-100 yards off the bank and be in 2 or 3' of water. But it drops down to deeper water further out on the main lake. 20-25' is common, and the main channel is 25-40'. This time of year, I'm usually fishing the timber on the edges of drops, or near deeper water.

6. Member
    Thanks for all the info. Probably gonna go give it a try in a few days.