Step up deck extension

For the guys that have installed the step up to replace the deck extension, would it help worn out knees? Seems the floor to deck gets higher everytime I go out.

2. Member
    I have the full enclosed deck extension and find myself stepping on the glove box before the deck. I would think the stepped deck extension would be helpful.

3. Member
    That’s what I do as well Dean. Not as agile as I once was-lol. Going to give them a call and get the step width on the new style extension.

4. Member
    I have one. It helps. But I made the mistake of getting one not made for carpet, and wet, it gets quite slick. Get the one made for carpet, and carpet it.

5. Member
    I have had mine for 2 years and I don't think that I could fish without it now. Of course 77 years of wear hasn't helped my old joints. I did have to put non skid tape on the step and top lid because it was really slick. I don't think that Chub had a carpet option when I purchased mine. Easy to install. Ask Chub to put a lip seal around the lids so water can't get in easily.
    rd

6. Member
    Thanks for all the input. Helps make the decision easier.