Quote Originally Posted by Dawnpatrol View Post
This knot is almost like a Albright knot. That's the knot I use when tying braid to floro.
It's really similar to an Albright but you don't wrap the braid back over itself which, as minor as it may seem, makes it quite a bit easier in my opinion, and I think a little thinner. Compared to the Alberto it's way easier as you're not trying to lay down wraps in between other wraps, and it is definitely thinner as a result as well. I did some almost-scientific testing a while back involving a fluoro-braid loop with one knot Alberto and one Shin's knot, a fence post, and a golf cart. They're basically even in strength from that testing, for what that's worth (Alberto won 3, Shin's won 2 out of a total of 5 pulls). I didn't test an Albright but have to believe they'd be very close. I've been using Shin's knot for basically 3 years now both in open water and on the ice (where I'm often using very light line and leaders) and have broken it exactly once, and I think that was an issue where I had a knot tied on a rod for a looong time and was trying to snap a tube out of very thick coontail in nearly 25 feet of water..