Upper Bay - Anchor Marine tournament question

Just curious...Are any of you tournament directors out there getting requests from Anchor Marine to both limit the length of your recent or upcoming tournaments (to noon or earlier) along with decreasing limits to 3 or 4?

2. Member

3. Member
    I don't fish tournaments but I was putting in at Anchor the day after a tournament last month. There was probably 12-15 floating fish at boat ramp. Older man a middle aged lady taking pics of dead fish making a fuss over tournament guys killing fish. My son and I just ignored them, but they seemed like people with an agenda.

I heard they were complaining about the fish not being managed properly and fish kills. I did not hear though 3-4 fish or limiting time

There has been a few big tnxs out of Anchor this summer. Yes there was a big fish die off after one of the tnxs. The man and lady you mention are the ones that work the ramp and haul your butt to and from the parking lot in the golf carts. They have been through hundreds of tnxs and these recent tnxs did not use the big tanks that were put into place for Tnxs. Fish can only handle so much. I was glad to hear one of the big hosts of these large tnxs canceled the last one because of the kill and hot water.
    My guess is some added restrictions will occur because of the fish kill.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. Member
    Wasn’t Freddy

7. Member
    Visible dead fish are a negative endorsement to tournaments.

8. Member
    I heard 2 big fish kills from CCBM TX's. Facebook lit up on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    I heard 2 big fish kills from CCBM TX's. Facebook lit up on it!
    These kills were not from the CCBM tournament. CCBM uses the Oxygenated release tanks that They had setup at Anchor Marine a few years ago.

The fish kill was overly exaggerated on Facebook by a few individuals who ran to social media and posted everywhere without looking into what exactly happened.

Maryland BASS Nation Conservation Director Scott Sewell did a complete investigation of the problem and the amount of fish involved and it was no where near what was being exaggerated on facebook posts.

The biggest issue is boaters not taking care of their fish in their livewells, not running their aerators full time and not cooling their livewell water during hotter months.

Too many boaters now days have way too much electronics running off their cranking battery and fail to keep the livewell pumps running full time in fear of running the battery voltage down.

Ton of boats are running multiple large color graphs, talons, poles, etc and some do not buy an adequate battery to run everything efficiently. First thing most will cut down on is to put their livewell pumps on their timers instead of running them full time.

There was a very large tournament put on that did not use the release tank, how they got around that is not known.