Power poles deploying while running

I've had it happen twice now. They just deploy while running to a different spot. Stop and try to get them to come up and this last time I had to push the button on the pump to get them to come back up. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Member
    It happened to me and ended up being a bad battery in one of my wireless switches. Change your batteries on all your devices to be safe.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Happened to me was a 3700 box sliding back hitting the dam remote button in one of the compartments.. go figure..

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Happened to me was a 3700 box sliding back hitting the dam remote button in one of the compartments.. go figure..
    This is what it was on mine too. Thankfully it was at the lake and not on the way to the lake. After that, I installed a cut off switch to kill the power to the poles.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    Recently had the same thing happen both while fishing with trolling motor and while attempting to plane out with the Merc. At first thought was hitting deck switches accidently but later got more frequent and was able to determine down switch on deck was acting up. I contacted Power Pole and gentlemen told me that switch was going bad and immediately sent me a new one. I received it a couple days later, followed programming instructions, problems resolved.

Seen someone's trolling motor steering cables bounce and make contact with a foot switch
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    Had the same thing happen to me while on the way to the lake and ground off about 2 feet of the spike, would have been more if I hadn't been flagged down

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrod202 View Post
    Had the same thing happen to me while on the way to the lake and ground off about 2 feet of the spike, would have been more if I hadn't been flagged down
    At least the spikes have a lifetime warranty. Dragged mine up a parking lot after hitting the down button on way out of boat.

Always leave my cut off switch off until I get to the boat ramp and turn it off before heading home
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrod202 View Post
    reason why we like to have the pumps wired to a battery disconnect. Can cut power before traveling.