Thread: Sag Bay

Sag Bay

Hey guys,

I'm looking to break out of the routine and fish some new water this weekend and Saginaw Bay has peaked my interest... Ill be coming from across the state and would like to target largemouth on the bay/channels due to the fact that I fish from a 16' aluminum. Wind is a huge factor out there obviously and I need to minimize any risks of really rough water. Would anyone be willing to help with a ramp that will get me close to some of the channels likely to have some fish? I know the fishing wont be as hot as it is during May, but I like a good challenge! Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Smally22-

2. Member
    You can launch a 16 ft aluminum at the end of any road on the bay right now because the water is so high. Pine river launch in Standish still has some fish shallow. Between linwood and nayaquing point has alot of good water too. The deep weed beds (13 to 15ft) are loaded with 3lbers right now. Don't be afraid to throw a topwater:)

3. Member
    Awesome!

Thanks a bunch Brady bass. This is exactly what I was looking for :)

4. Member
    Pick a day with west/southwest winds and you have nothing to worry about.. good luck ��

5. Member
    I honestly didn't know that Bay had a weed beds out that deep. Never would have made it out that far to stumble across them without your help- Thank you sir!

6. Member
    If you are truly serious about going out deep those weeds can be really hard to find. I could send you if you coordinates if you wanted. I really only cast for walleye on them. But cata bunch of LM in the process