Lower Unit Question

Blew the lower out of an 08 250 PRO XS this weekend. I'm ignorant to lowers overall and have a few questions.

Someone local to me has a lower out of an 02 Opti 225 that I can pick up fairly cheap. What are major differences between that OPTI lower and mine? What issues could I run into using that Lower?

I have been pricing torquemaster lowers as well, if I don't go with the OPTI lower, any year TM I should avoid?
    2002 gambler 2100
    2008 250 proxs

2. Member
    On a Gambler I would only use a Gen1 Torquemaster.

3. Member
    They say if your boat runs 80 the gen one , but your engine would take a verodo style which is stronger as I have been told and a couple thousand less. 880686a43 you will need a flo torque hub kit. I wouldn't hesitate to run one on my stratos 201 not sure on the gambler if your running 80 plus maybe not.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Gen-1 TM ONLY on this boat. I would not even consider running any of the others.

Have several customers that have tried virtually everything- several resulted in J-hooks and bruised-broken ribs (lucky that's all it was).

Set up just right... most of them were consistently 80.5 - 83.7 MPH rigs.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor