Thread: Gt175

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Y’all are killing me. Lol. So there are no low compression heads. Is that what I’m hearing. I was just told there were. My compression is lowest around 95 and highest around 105. I’ve been told that 55mph and 5400rpms with a 25p shooter is all I’m going to get out of that motor. I just don’t k no one why my buddy is getting so much lore speed out of his gt150 with a 27p shooter on it.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    One thing for sure is no two props or setups are exactly the same. You may want to try a 24P Raker and see how that does, may wake your motor right up.

You guys should try some of the new RX3 and RX4 props, they work much better than the old stuff and there are so many more sizes available.
    RUSTY63 in a Shiny Green Jacket.......

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by omcforever View Post
    The proper heads should be 0332136 0332137
    Thanks Debbie Downer.....

OP If you can get your hands on a Bravo 1 in 24 It would be worth your while to try it....

Sorry Mike, didn't see you standing there.

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ELGIN View Post
    Sorry Mike, didn't see you standing there.
    Seriously thinking of trying some of those RX props.....Grandkids and fishing is chewing into the $$$

I got a trailer load of them both RX3 and RX4 and I could ship them to you to.....OH.......Wait, I don't have them anymore, never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger481v15 View Post
    Y’all are killing me. Lol. So there are no low compression heads. Is that what I’m hearing. I was just told there were. My compression is lowest around 95 and highest around 105. I’ve been told that 55mph and 5400rpms with a 25p shooter is all I’m going to get out of that motor. I just don’t k no one why my buddy is getting so much lore speed out of his gt150 with a 27p shooter on it.

We don't do hop ups here and we do not condone making changes to your engine that were not recommended by the factory, but if we did you could get some head of this g..........sorry, got carried away again.

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    Seriously thinking of trying some of those RX props.....Grandkids and fishing is chewing into the $$$
    Hell you're making the moola..Take a trip up to NashVega$ and see if Steve will hook you up with one of them...Too bad my connection on the trail is out of work got a great deal on a 25 P Tempest Plus. Would be interesting to see if that old X flow could spin either of those two props.

Steve ain't got none, he was getting his from me.

11. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Actually I'm in pretty good shape prop wise.... The 26 Bravo will spin past 6k if I don't watch it but will launch out of the hole even with a heavy load...The 28 I run in winter and will spool up to 5700 but in summer it will not get me to 5700....thinking maybe getting Mark to clean it up and repitch to 27.....and clean up the 26. Taking the 26 to Maine to let Jomo try it...

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    Actually I'm in pretty good shape prop wise.... The 26 Bravo will spin past 6k if I don't watch it but will launch out of the hole even with a heavy load...The 28 I run in winter and will spool up to 5700 but in summer it will not get me to 5700....thinking maybe getting Mark to clean it up and repitch to 27.....and clean up the 26. Taking the 26 to Maine to let Jomo try it...
    Yep but you're running a 250 Ranger guy is running a 89 175 GT, Shooter ain't the best prop in the world. Fat and heavy..Gade or Raker will be the ticket.

13. Member
    Thank y’all for the info. I am going to search around for some props to try out. I appreciate it yall

Fat and Heavy, you call me Champ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger481v15 View Post
    Thank y’all for the info. I am going to search around for some props to try out. I appreciate it yall

We are glad to help, takes us a while to get there but you will be entertained along the way.

16. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Yep but you're running a 250 Ranger guy is running a 89 175 GT, Shooter ain't the best prop in the world. Fat and heavy..Gade or Raker will be the ticket.
    I agree the Gade or Raker will be better than the Shooter.....I ran them for years....They won't even touch the Bravo 28 even in the summer for holeshot or bow lift.....It's why I recommended the Bravo 24 for him.

17. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    We are glad to help, takes us a while to get there but you will be entertained along the way.

18. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Tom Foolery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12