Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chris Carson Rebuild Wait Time???

Anyone else been waiting more than 8 weeks for their rebuild? From what I understand CCM comes highly recommended. I was quoted a 2-3 week return time. I understand these are unusual times but I think the grace period has long passed here. This week will be 9 weeks with no end in sight. Is anyone having the same issue?

2. Member
    Covid19 has blown lead times completely out of the water.

Been waiting over three months for some Chinese gauges.

I would however expect that Mr. Carson should be giving you an update as to any delivery issues that he is experiencing.

3. Member
    I have no doubt that shipping issues are part of the issue. However as of last week the motor had still yet to be opened. That was another surprise for me was the lack of communication from Chris. Seems like many others have had excellent experience with that. Every time I have called the issues have not been related to parts availability. It seems like an issue with employee availability. A dubious excuse at best in my opinion. Just wanted to see if anyone else had been waiting this long.

4. Member
    [QUOTE=Chindog47;11246516]I have no doubt that shipping issues are part of the issue. However as of last week the motor had still yet to be opened. That was another surprise for me was the lack of communication from Chris. Seems like many others have had excellent experience with that. Every time I have called the issues have not been related to parts availability. It seems like an issue with employee availability. A dubious excuse at best in my opinion. Just wanted to see if anyone else had been waiting this long.[/Q

I shipped my 200 Yamaha to CCM.... it arrived June 26th....Chris told me he would call when the boxes where opened and all parts inspected to give me a proper estimate.
    It has only been 18 days but I haven’t heard a word. I’m not concerned YET.
    1990 Ranger 391V - 200 Yamaha

5. Member
    [QUOTE=Chindog47;11246516]I have no doubt that shipping issues are part of the issue. However as of last week the motor had still yet to be opened. That was another surprise for me was the lack of communication from Chris. Seems like many others have had excellent experience with that. Every time I have called the issues have not been related to parts availability. It seems like an issue with employee availability. A dubious excuse at best in my opinion. Just wanted to see if anyone else had been waiting this long.[/Q

Shoot him a text ?
    Last edited by Sabresfan22; 07-14-2020 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Double post

6. Member
    [QUOTE=Sabresfan22;11248313]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chindog47 View Post
    I have no doubt that shipping issues are part of the issue. However as of last week the motor had still yet to be opened. That was another surprise for me was the lack of communication from Chris. Seems like many others have had excellent experience with that. Every time I have called the issues have not been related to parts availability. It seems like an issue with employee availability. A dubious excuse at best in my opinion. Just wanted to see if anyone else had been waiting this long.[/Q

I shipped my 200 Yamaha to CCM.... it arrived June 26th....Chris told me he would call when the boxes where opened and all parts inspected to give me a proper estimate.
    It has only been 18 days but I haven’t heard a word. I’m not concerned YET.
    Did he quote you an estimated time to completion when you sent it in? I’m not trying to throw dirt here I am genuinely curious if anyone has been waiting this long. At the 6 week point I was told there were still 3 motors ahead of me.

7. Member
    No time frame was given, he simply said that he would let me know how much it would be when he evaluated the condition of the block, crank and heads..
    Last edited by Sabresfan22; 07-15-2020 at 11:35 AM.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    To Those Concerned...We are a small family business,and although no one has this sickness it has impacted our skedual.Also,once a powerhead is started we usually work through it in a few days,so before we begin we make sure to have all necessary parts on hand.Both of my major suppliers have suffered shortages of common parts needed for our work.
    All our powerheads are tank tested,then water tested on a boat,before being returned...sometimes held up a bit by weather,ramps closed,etc.
    These factors,coupled by several powerheads being sent without my knowledge that they were being shipped have us backed up to the point I can't estimate completion times for any new jobs.
    We are working through the list,and I will try to keep folks informed as we begin their job.Thank you for your patience,Chris Carson & Co

Chris did my 1992 ProV150 in 2015. Yes there were delays and maybe a few unanswered texts and calls. But the motor is now strong and bullet proof going on 5+ years. HE IS WORTH THE WAIT. A very happy customer.

10. Member
    Anybody hearing anything yet ?

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabresfan22 View Post
    Anybody hearing anything yet ?
    TheOP’s motor was test run today,and is shipping tomorrow.should get to yours late next week...

12. Member
    Awesome news ! Thank You for the update sir

13. Member
    Nothing yet

14. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    Have you called the number?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzB8 View Post
    Have you called the number?
    Nope, I’m sure he’s super busy, I don’t want to bother the man... he will call when he gets to mine

Nope, I’m sure he’s super busy, I don’t want to bother the man... he will call when he gets to mine
    He told you when yours is getting done in post 11. .
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    He told you when yours is getting done in post 11. .
    Actually he said on 7/29 he would be getting to mine by the end of the week, today is the end of the week 8/7. I have no idea on what parts are needed, what parts of mine are good, no price quote, nothing. The only thing I had confirmed was that my powerhead had arrived 6/26. But thanks for clearing that up for me. SMH

18. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    The key word in his response was "should".

19. Member
    Actually he said on 7/29 he would be getting to mine by the end of the week, today is the end of the week 8/7. I have no idea on what parts are needed, what parts of mine are good, no price quote, nothing. The only thing I had confirmed was that my powerhead had arrived 6/26. But thanks for clearing that up for me. SMH
    And he will not know until it is evaluated. we are only talking a few days here and I know it is tough having a engine down this time of the year but as someone who is dealing with the same issues Chris is I promise you, you have the better end of the bargin right now. Things are tough to impossible to figure out deliveries as far as time or if you will see stuff. Then you have to figure out another source. So yea I feel for all small businesses right now, including ours. When he is done, you know it will be right. That to me is worth the wait. He has done a few powerheads for my customers and they are still running flawlessly. Him and Hydro Tec are the only 2 I recommend. Please be patient and understand the times we are in. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

20. Member
    I talked to Chris... great news... my powerhead should be ready in 2- 3 weeks !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast