Not a happy Lowrance owner

I've had Lowrance units on my boats for longer than I can remember. But as the technology gets more complex, I have had more issues with them. Presently I have HDS Carbons on my boat. I have one unit that zooms in and out on the chart page as I motor along. I spoke with the factory and I need to send it in for repairs. Out of warrant of course $$$.
    Now my other unit decided to sometimes display a different number for depth than the graph is showing. I know. Check data source on edit overlay. I did over and over. But it's intermittent. It will be spot on, then not. Back and forth.
    If I didn't have a Ghost and Lowrance units all around, and an extra 6, 7,000 dollars laying around I'd replace them with another brand.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

I believe they fixed the depth issue on the latest update. The zoom thing could be power related.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    I've had Lowrance units on my boats for longer than I can remember. But as the technology gets more complex, I have had more issues with them. Presently I have HDS Carbons on my boat. I have one unit that zooms in and out on the chart page as I motor along. I spoke with the factory and I need to send it in for repairs. Out of warrant of course $$$.
    Now my other unit decided to sometimes display a different number for depth than the graph is showing. I know. Check data source on edit overlay. I did over and over. But it's intermittent. It will be spot on, then not. Back and forth.
    If I didn't have a Ghost and Lowrance units all around, and an extra 6, 7,000 dollars laying around I'd replace them with another brand.
    so, I am not alone :-)

I have all the latest updates in. I spoke to a couple of techs at marinas as well as the Lowrance factory tech about the zoom issue. All said it's the unit. Needs to go back for repairs. So I'm left coping with it until the season slows down.
    Then I need to decide if I get the thing repaired (zoom issue I'm talking about) which I believe they said $250. Or do I replace it for $1200 for another Carbon?
    Either way I am waiting for another issue that "the latest update will fix". How many times do we hear that?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

5. Member
    I have tried for three to get support to help sync two Live units
    I’ve waited anywhere from 1:45 minutes to 3:00 hours. I’ve
    given up until I’m at the lake house again.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    I have all the latest updates in. I spoke to a couple of techs at marinas as well as the Lowrance factory tech about the zoom issue. All said it's the unit. Needs to go back for repairs. So I'm left coping with it until the season slows down.
    Then I need to decide if I get the thing repaired (zoom issue I'm talking about) which I believe they said $250. Or do I replace it for $1200 for another Carbon?
    Either way I am waiting for another issue that "the latest update will fix". How many times do we hear that?
    Sometimes what I do with long hold times is just call in, get in line, put the thing on speaker phone, and do something else w/ that in the background. I woiuld think Monday morning is the worst time to call...not sure the best, but either that or contact them via their web form.
    I wouldn't buy a replacement, why burn $1k when the should swap you units for $250 or so.

I had one unit go bad on me 2 years ago, under warranty, the sonar output to the transducer quit. I called them, sent the unit, they confirmed it was bad and sent a replacement (not sure if new or refurb), whole thing took about 7 calendar days.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D