How's tackle storage on your X18 or X19?

Are you able to fit a bunch of plano boxes? Also anyone add the hydraulic lifts for the compartments and would you recommend?

2. Member
    Plenty of room for boxes in my setup. I bought and added the lifts myself on the lockers. It was cheaper, when I was having my boat built it was part of packages.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

Have a X18 Pro. Can fit 90% of the tackle that I once had in my Skeeter ZX200. Doing the lifts next on the boat. If you fish big water or tournaments the X19 is prob a better choice witb the 200 SHO and extra space.

Dan

4. Member
    Nice.
    Calling dealer tomorrow to change my order from H20B to 18 or 19 depending on price.

I got everything I wanted (ipilot, seadeck, Helix 9, hydraulic steering, etc) on the bay for $36k. So whichever boat I can do the same on I’ll get.

5. Member
    X18 or X19 that is.

6. Member
    i removed the rod tubes in my 19 so i could get more rods in that compartment put all my takle in center compartment, mounted fuse panel lithium battery to run electronics, battery switch so i can switch to cranking battery to run electronics if needed, panoptics black box nema 2000,steady cast,net work box, all in the storage compartment in front of console . use other front storage for life jackets rain gear ,the 2 back boxes are large can put takle or other items in it i use the cooler under center seat for day storage i use the step cooler for storage i added a plastic storage box inside it to keep it dry. i got caught in down pour coming home about a week ago got home everything was dry the storage is dryer than i thought they would be. i am happy with storage still trying to get my set up dialed in, when i get everything running like i want i will be very pleased with this boat forgot has storage under both seats
    Last edited by BBW; 07-13-2020 at 08:27 PM.

7. Member
    Nice. You use the rear storage at all?
    Considered easy view tackle system?

8. Member
    i use one side for misc tools cleaning material ropes and what ever, the other is left for partner tackle, or if i am alone i might through some extra tackle in n case i need it

Those rod tubes are the worst design ive ever seen. They are only a couple feet long so every eye on your rod hangs up on the way out.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

10. Member
    Are they also in the 18? I’ll be taking them out either way.

I think so. Also the day box on the drivers side is not my choice. It makes 2 small boxes instead of one normal size.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

12. Member
    you can't put a spinning rod with sock in those rod tubes too small i dont know who designed them must thought nobody used spinning rods. one other thing the batteries are hard to get in and out and not enough room to upsize to 31 size battery. i am adding a lithium battery in the storage dept to run my electronics.
    Last edited by BBW; 07-14-2020 at 11:27 AM.

13. Member
    No tubes in the 2020 X18. You can use either left or right for rod storage. My longest rod is 7'3" and fits no problem. You definitely want lifts in the tackle storage box.

14. Member
    Which one is the tackle storage box?