Navionics issue on lowrance

So I acquired a gen 3 HDS to upgrade the graph at the bow of my boat. I have a HDS gen 3 12 at the console. I updated both units when I got them therefore running same/newest update. First outing with the units I used my c map, things worked perfectly. Next outing had to use Navionics bc no c map coverage at that lake. Front graph will not show Navionics data. I can see waypoints but no communication of charts between console and now. Any ideas on how to fix issue? Navionics cars works perfectly on my console and even if I take the chip to my front unit it will not read charts. I am stumped.

thanks for any help

2. Member
    Ethernet cables have failed. Common issue. Be sure each unit has SEND/RECEIVE turned ON.

3. Member
    Thanks for the help, not questioning but then why does my
    c map network without issues and do gen 3’s not network wirelessly?

4. Member
    They don’t network wirelessly. Only Ti2 units do that. Navionics maps share automatically over Ethernet. You don’t need to set anything. If you are on the chart page select Navionics on both units. If you don’t have that option on the unit without the physical chip in it, you have a defective Ethernet cable. Assuming the units are direct connected and have the latest software.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    As stated above, Gen 3 need the ethernet cable for connection to each other.
    If you have freezing and any other issues, go back to software version HDS_Gen3-7.0-59.1.86.
    After I did this on both my units, they are flawless. I have a C-Map for TN and Navionics for the southeast.