Thread: Yellow Jacket ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yellow Jacket ?

Wife got stung with 7 or 8 of these yesterday evening. A couple is puffy with white dot in center and has a streak down from it. the others look like a normal sting. Is there any good med for the etch to stop, it driving her crazy, pain has subside a lot. Any good way to help her out. Tried the wasp capsula and benadrill, also baking powder with some water to stop itch. Any help

2. Member
    Glass full of gas and have her pour it down their entrance hole will make her feel a lot better. Always does me.

3. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Benadryl is the best I've found for relieving the sting and itch.

Dale Sinclair original

4. Member
    Those always seem to itch forever after a sting. Hope she gets relief soon.
    Praying for a Cure

5. Member
    My wife bought a bug sucker like the one in the below link. She says it doesn't work too well for mosquitos, but it sure as heck worked on a recent wasp sting I had. I usually get stung once or twice a year and the itch lasts for two weeks. I got stung a couple of weeks ago and used the sucker within a couple minutes. I had no issues thereafter. I don't think it would work days after the yellow jacket stings, but you never know.

https://www.amazon.com/Bug-Bite-Thin.../dp/B01576DWQU

Anything that keeps the air away from the bite usually works on most insect bites. Bear grease is hard to come by 'round these parts, but super glue works ok for a day or two at a time.

Find the yellow jacket tunnel, wait until after dark and squirt some starting fluid down the hole, followed immediately with flying bug & insect killer. Close the tunnel off and you're good.

Anybody got a good way to KILL moles? Have new lawn, and a mole is going nuts. Friday, I cleared the entrance to the latest tunnel, turned on my propane torch and shoved the nozzle into the hole. Waited until the (new) tank was empty. Idea was to fill the tunnel with propane and suffocate the little bastard. No fire was used....this time!
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

7. Member
    Try "After Bite". It's in a small tube with a magic marker like tip on it. Just dab it on the bite(s). Works well for me. Ammonia will work also. That used to be the main ingredient in the old After Bite but they don't use it in there anymore?????

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    Anything that keeps the air away from the bite usually works on most insect bites. Bear grease is hard to come by 'round these parts, but super glue works ok for a day or two at a time.

Find the yellow jacket tunnel, wait until after dark and squirt some starting fluid down the hole, followed immediately with flying bug & insect killer. Close the tunnel off and you're good.

Anybody got a good way to KILL moles? Have new lawn, and a mole is going nuts. Friday, I cleared the entrance to the latest tunnel, turned on my propane torch and shoved the nozzle into the hole. Waited until the (new) tank was empty. Idea was to fill the tunnel with propane and suffocate the little bastard. No fire was used....this time!
    I would not ignite that propane or you might be starring in your own video!

9. Banned
    Did anybody else use to put bleach on them when you were younger?

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by #1MagicStick View Post
    I would not ignite that propane or you might be starring in your own video!

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Dreaming View Post
    Did anybody else use to put bleach on them when you were younger?
    My unlce put bleach on our poison oak when we were little. That stuff burned, but it seemed to dry it out pretty good.

12. Member
    Back in the day my mom would make a paste of baking soda and water and apply it to the sting. Simple and effective.

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    When we were kids, Parents/aunts/uncles used to use tobacco from cigarettes, make it moist and then put on sting....dont remember if it ever done anything.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    When we were kids, Parents/aunts/uncles used to use tobacco from cigarettes, make it moist and then put on sting....dont remember if it ever done anything.....
    That's what my parents did too.

Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    Benadryl is the best I've found for relieving the sting and itch.
    same here but different people have different levels of reaction, i got over 20 stings on one leg and over 10 on the other with a few scattered around elsewhere, most went up my pants leg, and yes i dis robed on the front porch, and the next day i was swollen or tight all over, face/lips included, went to dr. and got what i think was an epi pen ???? was at the point of having to, 1-10 stings i'd say Benadryl for me, but like i said everybodies different, i know a guy that has to carry in the case he gets into fire ant's

for the misses, those bass turds hurt
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

16. Banned
    Wd40 will take it away almost instantly.

17. Banned
    doing this has worked for me, but it was done right after the stings.

18. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishfinger View Post
    doing this has worked for me, but it was done right after the stings.
    Yes, i should have stated that......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

19. Member
    Hydrocortisone cream usually helps me with the itch and mild swelling

20. Member
    Paste of garrets snuff.....lol never could understand why anyone dipped that stuff but it worked on stings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast