Snelled hooks for a T-rigs and C-rigs

Is there pros and cons on tying a snelled knot on a T-rig or C-rig?

I snell when flipping, but use a regular Uniknot when T or C rigging.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Banned
    Theres no advantage snelling a hook for c rigs but i suppose you can with a t rig i personally lose more fish Snelling hooks

Snelling has been a topic that comes up from time to time on this board. Brandon Palaniuk did a video some time back where he asks whether the lever action of a snelled hook actually helps or hurts hookup percentages, and his demonstration of why he thinks it might hurt is precisely why I don't snell hooks. So that's a con in my mind. Past that, I don't have issues hooking up or with keeping them pegged on a plain ol' Palomar knot...definitely not changing.

I think others will say that the pro is that it levers the hook into their mouth, and maybe it really does and maybe it really doesn't (see above). The only pro in my mind is your weight isn't beating on your knot with a snell knot, which is definitely nice. This is why I like to use a punch hub (skirt) between my weight and hook when flipping and pitching a heavy weight. Others use a bead for similar reasons.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

I snell everything and now use only straight shank hooks. has been a real eye opening for me,, hook up ratio went thru the roof , It may not work for Brandon Palaniuk but it sure works fantastic for me,,, and there are a ton of pros that advocate the snell and straight shank hook, all i can tell you is to try it
    Last edited by River-Bandit; 07-26-2020 at 06:39 AM.

6. Banned
    You snell your hooks on everything please explain also explain whats the advantage i get it if you just fish t rigs and punch but what about a carolina rig drop shot weightless plastics i dont see how theres an advantage at all with certain techniques which your saying you use on everything bringing higher hookups

Quote Originally Posted by Stickworm420 View Post
    You snell your hooks on everything please explain also explain whats the advantage i get it if you just fish t rigs and punch but what about a carolina rig drop shot weightless plastics i dont see how theres an advantage at all with certain techniques which your saying you use on everything bringing higher hookups
    Guess I should have been more specific, I snell everything for T-Rig,,, I do not fish dropshot, C-rig or weightless worms or any other finesse style application,

but with the exception of drop shot,,,, i think it might also work on the other things you listed as the line going thru the eye is going to tend to kick out the hook even if you are not using a weight

give it a try and see how it works for you